one

Amelia

A loud ringing noise interrupted my beautiful dream of winning the lottery.

"Stupid alarm clock. It's only 11am, that's so early!" I muttered as I slowly crawled out of bed and into the attached bathroom of the hotel suite.

It had been 6 months today since I began traveling the world and boy was it great!

There were hot boys left and right and I never really got to meet any of them properly because

1. The music was probably too loud
2. I was probably drunk off my ass
3. They probably thought I was crazy because I tend to look like a monkey on crack when I'm drunk.

"Great, it's been 6 months, now where should I go next?" I asked myself.

I contemplated between Australia or Greece. Those seemed like nice places to be rather than this cold winter weather in New York.

"You know what? Fuck that! I guess I'm just going to stay in New York for another week."

I decided I was too lazy to buy a plane ticket and pack everything. Again.

I brushed out my naturally straight hair, I wished I had curly hair because my hair was so pin-straight that if I curled it, my hair would be straight again in about 3-4 hours.

Looking in the mirror, I checked to see if anyone drew anything on my face and if I got all the makeup off from last night.

I grabbed a random pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt and threw it on, tucking the t-shirt into my jeans before I grabbed my white converse and my black Adidas sweater and headed out the door.

"If there was anything I loved most about travelling, it would be the free breakfast at almost every hotel." I said aloud to myself.

Walking into the elevator, I tried to squeeze in because of the mass of teenage boys crowding in there like there was a free pair of Jordans on the ground or something.

I hated being alone when there was a group of people next to me. It made me feel like a loner.

I wasn't going to stand there like an idiot all alone so I grabbed my phone from my pocket and started to play Fruit Ninja, as usual, that game was my obsession.

I walked past the loud group of boys and into the main lobby as soon as the doors of the elevator opened.

It smelled like sweat and too much axe in there.

I walked past the junk food because I swore to myself that I would be healthier this year as my resolution, but who even keeps their resolutions anyway? Besides, New Years was coming in a few days.

I looked over the salads and healthy fibre 1 granola bars and turned around and walked back to the junk food.

"Pancakes or waffles?" I asked myself quietly.

"Oh well, I guess I'm getting both!" I shrug as I plopped two of each onto my plate and downing them both in maple syrup while grabbed a juice box (or 5) and walking back to the elevator which thankfully did not have loud and probably horny teenage boys in it this time.

----

After my breakfast feast and a "That's So Raven" marathon, I decided to go and once again, explore the city.

It was dark out and the streets were lit up by the light posts that stood tall every few feet from each other.

It was kind of chilly, no, scratch that, it was actually fucking freezing.

"Of course it's going to be freezing Amelia, it's fucking December, what do you expect? Sunshine and rainbows?" I grumbled angrily, looking at the ground as I dodged my way around people with my head down.

"Who wears high heels in the middle of fucking winter?" I thought to myself.

I soon bumped into someone because I guess looking at the ground as if it was made out of pure gold wasn't a very good idea.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath as I tripped and almost fell.

"Double shit." I muttered again as my phone slipped and fell out of my hand.

Except, I didn't hit the ground and neither did my phone (thank god) because the same person that grabbed my waist with one arm, caught my phone with their other hand.

I steadied myself and grabbed my phone out of the strangers large hands.

"Thanks." I said as I checked for any scratch on my beloved phone.

"No problem." A deep voice answered.

My head shot up.

"Triple shit." I muttered as my cheeks flushed red and I offered a weak smile.