Ch 1. The Fuckening

Start from the beginning

"Hi," He whispered with a soft smile. His eyes ran over my face like he was trying to memorize what I looked like, before bringing the mug up to his lips. "How was your day?"

I took a seat on the couch Dylan got me, one that was a loveseat version of the couch we had at home, and tucked my legs underneath me. I felt my phone dig into my stomach at my action, and I suddenly remembered the email.

"Good," I lied through my teeth. Dyl always told me how good of an actress I was– he called me a professional liar. Nobody could tell I was lying except for my older brother. It pissed me off to no ends because that meant he always knew when to call my bluff. "How about you?"

I leaned over to place my mug down on the coffee table, right next to his nearly empty one, and before I could retake my seat, I was picked up by the waist and placed on his lap. I quirked an eyebrow in surprise when I turned around to face him, our noses brushing over each other.

He looked me in the eyes before his gaze flickered down to my lips, "It's good now." He smelt of yellow tea and cologne, and I fucking loved it.

"Yeah?" I asked in a breathy tone. I felt my phone dig deeper into my stomach and the words in the email started whirling around in my head. I just wanted to forget I ever got the fucking letter– I didn't want to think about it.

Maybe if I woke up tomorrow, it would disappear. Maybe they'll send me an email stating they made a mistake.

Adam hummed before he leaned in to claim my lips, and I immediately responded. My hands automatically moved to cup his defined jaw as I repositioned myself so that I was straddling him. The kiss deepened, and all that could be heard was small moans coming from either of us.

The phone, though, felt the need to rearrange my guts. My mind was swirling with thoughts of Adam and the email, and I was slowly growing frustrated. Just as I was about to reach into my leggings to pull the phone out and throw it away, the front door was thrown open and slammed into the stopper behind it.

A resounding slam made me instantly jump off Adam, my eyes wide with fear just like his. Suddenly, five men dressed like movers ran into the room. Adam outstretched his arm in front of me protectively. I, on the other hand, furrowed my eyebrows– why the fuck were these people in here?

The man in front of the other four pulled out a handgun and raised it so it was pointing at the both of us. I wanted to scream, fuck I wanted to scream, at the sight of the weapon. The two men behind him pulled out their guns too, but they kept it down.

"Get the fuck up," The first one, who looked to be the leader, said in a deep, hoarse voice. Adam stood up, his back facing me, and did as the man said. I instantly followed his movement. The man tilted the gun to the direction of the small space between the couch and the kitchen, silently telling us to move there.

"On your knees, hands behind your back." I did as he said, not wanting him to shoot me in between my fucking eyebrows.

"Be quick," He ordered his clique, and the two men in the back walked past us without sparing us a glance. I looked behind me, making sure my hands were still up, and watched in horror as they entered my room. "Alright, Adam, go show them were her shit is."

My head snapped in Adam's direction at his command. He got up from his knees and dusted himself off, almost like he completed a difficult task. My eyes darted across his figure, then they flickered to the man who was watching him with a knowing look. I looked back at Adam and I couldn't help the fact that my hands were beginning to shake.

"What's happening?" I asked quietly, scared I was going to get hurt. Adam's eyes met mine, and I almost burst into tears when I saw how cold they were, but I willed myself not to cry. I swallowed when he walked by me without a word.