She wouldn't be Pidge anymore, she wouldn't be a paladin. She'd be Katie, safe and secure with the Galra.

They didn't make her fight, didn't even put her in a cell or prisoners clothing. Katie was put in a room, fairly large with a comfortable bed, books, a mirror, and an attached bathroom for her to use.

After her first day there they'd given her new clothes, dresses, pants, shorts, shirts, skirts, anything she could've wanted. Shoes too, so many goddamn shoes.

They obviously wanted her to be comfortable, which Katie appreciated more than anything. She was given plenty of space to process everything and adjust before anyone really interacted with her that much.

Sendak was the first one to approach her, gently knocking on her door and sitting down once she allowed him inside. He explained in detail how he'd found her and felt the need to bring her back.

The Galra valued their comrades, and he couldn't handle her being abandoned by hers. He'd decided that she deserved more, and was happy to bring her back so that they could help her.

The two became surprisingly close, Sendak taking Katie out often to allow her to explore the Galra ships, taught her how to read, speak, and write galran. He helped her learn how to fight properly, be able to defend herself, survive on her own if needed. However, he assured her he wouldn't let that happen.

He would take care of her, dedicating himself to being her main caretaker and guardian.

Hell, Zarkon began to warm up to her, the two having a mutual respect for each other after a large of work and proving their worth to each other.

He taught her how to play Galran chess, a competition her and the emperor still had going despite the long amount of time the small human had been with them.

It had to have been years, her hair had grown to her shoulders and spent most of its time in a braid. She'd grown to the point that she needed a real bra and all of her clothes had been swapped out multiple times to fit her properly. Katie was still short, but she wasn't as skinny or bony. Her body was toned, covered in lean muscle and she could hold her own against Sendak in hand to hand combat.

Any weapon the galra has she could wield, and after years of training she was as agile as a cat. Able to go to and from without being so much as heard. She was proud of herself and what she'd accomplished, it was no easy feat. Especially for a human.

The improvements to her augmented spine certainly helped too. Different models made specifically for her to make her faster and stronger and more capable were offered to her often.

If not for the recovery time and pain from each replacement, she'd try every single one made.

Katie had made herself into an asset for the galra, proving that during the few missions she was allowed to participate in. She showed that even from the main ship, unable to go on the missions, she was able to provide incredible feedback and instructions via communications and what she could see from feed broadcasted to her.

And those missions were few and far between, much to Katie's displeasure. She was ready! She wanted to fight! She could handle it! Sendak had taught her how to fight, and Zarkon had overseen so much of her training himself. Hell, he'd been the one to teach her how to properly use a sword.

She didn't want to be sitting in the bridge of some ship providing instruction, she wanted to be fighting.

Her growing skills in combat only made her more eager to go out and fight, something she voiced regularly.

"I want to go!" Katie argued as she walked down the halls with Sendak, the large Galra sighing with each point she made.
"I can fight! You know I can!"