| 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐉𝐞𝐝𝐢 ➪ 𝐎𝐛𝐢-𝐖𝐚𝐧 𝐊𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐢 |

Start from the beginning

Snapping my head to the left, I sensed them. I could feel their heartbeats through the force— Scooter, Easy and Widow; my best troopers. Grasping my lightsaber in my hand, I ignited it as their maroon armor came into view. Red blaster bolts flew by my head as I dodged towards my friends— no, my family.

Widow was the shoulder I cried on after hard battles with many loses. He was like a brick wall and never showed emotions unless he was with me. I think I'm the only other living being to see him shed a tear. Easy always cracked dumb jokes with me. Him and Anakin always got along really well when the 501st and my battalion went on missions together. Scooter acted as the only responsible one in the battalion besides Widow. He always made sure the other Clones were getting stuff done, yet he knew not to be too tough on his brothers.

My vision blurred again with tears as my (F/C) lightsaber slashes through Scooter's gut; his scream echoing through the clearing, even over the loud blaster shots. With no time to mourn, I spin around and shove the blade through Easy's side; slashing through the middle and ending his life faster than Scooter's.

Standing eye-to-eye with Widow is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I couldn't see through his helmet, but I'm sure he had a blank stare plastered on his face— one dropped of emotions per usual, yet it was a more sinister intention,

"Widow," I began, still holding my lightsaber up in case the Clone tried anything funny, "Just know, whatever is about to happen will haunt me for the rest of my life. I will never stop respecting and loving you as both a solider and a best friend. Your brothers know that too."

I could hear a low growl erupting from underneath his helmet— one sounding like a ferocious animal on the hunt, "I'm sorry, General, but you've been declared a war criminal by the Chancellor. You've committed treason, and I must put you down."

Sighing sadly, I twisted my blade in my hand, and bowed one last time. Racing forward, I deflected a shot directly into Widow's shoulder, quickly finishing him off by plunging my lightsaber into his armored stomach. As his desperate breathes faded, a scream echoed from my throat.

Dropping my lightsaber to the ground, I buried my face into Widow's chest; sobbing as if my life depended on it. I know I'm not alone. Every Jedi is losing everything, yet I feel most impacted. I lost Moriah and my Clones, yet I don't have the glorification of dying. I have to live with this forever. Seeing Moriah's paling face as Widow pulled the trigger, Scooter's cry, Widow's final words...

While I sobbed, I felt a hand clasp my shoulder. Reflexively, I snatched the stranger's wrist and flipped them over my shoulder; the wind getting knocked out of their lungs,

"(Y/N)!" the voice squeaked out from underneath my weight, "It's me!"

My eyes focused on the form beneath me, causing me to let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding. Releasing the man, I wrapped my arms around him and resumed crying, "Obi, I don't know what to do..."

"Hey, you're okay," he whispered, pushing his long fingers through my hair, effectively calming me down, "You'll have time to mourn later, but we need to get out of here. The rest of your battalion is headed this way."

Nodding, I pick myself up, snatch my lightsaber off the ground where I'd discarded it, and followed Obi-Wan to his ship; fingers intertwined as we walk. I felt Obi-Wan's anxiety bubbling upwards in him, as if he was about to explode,

                  "Talk to me?" I asked, wiping away the last of my tears. I need to be strong for not just Obi, but for myself too. I'm not the only one going through this.