"Oh- Let me GO!" Luna's dreamy voice was surprisingly sharp and angry, all hints of dreaminess gone from her expression as she struggled against the hold of Amycus. Beside him was another Death Eater, face masked by an eerie-looking skull. My breath took, and I ducked behind the armor that lined the halls, watching from behind it with wide eyes.

"This should shut that mad man up." The Death Eater said gruffly, and I nearly yelled in protest as his hand came down on Luna's head with a stomach-twisting thud, and the blonde went limp.

"Oy- 'Ave you killed her?" Amycus said sourly, giving Luna a small shake.. The blonde's neck moved like a doll's, and fear went through me. But then she let out a faint groan, and the Death Eater laughed.

"Nah, just gave her a bit of a sleep. Brain damage ain't something to worry about with these folk- They're loopy enough." He said crudely, taking Luna by the arm when Amycus passed her to him.

I could feel my wand in my pocket, could feel the anger in my chest. They didn't know I was here. How easy would it be more me to try and disarm them, to knock them out? But what then- Do Luna and I hide for the rest of the school year, do we wait for them to come back tenfold?

As sick with myself as I felt, I knew that my only choice- The only choice that would guarantee Luna ends up alive- Was to let her be taken now, without protest, and hope that Harry, Hermione and Ron would end up at Malfoy Manor soon. That that had not changed.

"I'm so sorry Luna." I whispered painfully, unshed tears making my vision blur as the two Death Eaters walked away, taking my friend with them. I should never have let her leave alone.

But it was too late now, wasn't?

Going to sit in the Great Hall, to sit next to Neville and fake a smile, was a horrid thing. I took my spot next to him, piling food that I didn't feel like eating onto my plate.

"Are you alright?" Neville asked me sometime into dinner. I gave a small shrug, pushing my carrots around on my plate for the fourth time.

"No. I'll explain later." I promised, seeing his expression change from concern to worry. I rested my head on his shoulder when his arm wrapped around me, letting a sigh leave my lips. I was a horrible friend. It didn't help things either when Amycus walked by, barking at us for being too close. I scowled as I moved my head from his shoulder.

"Asshole." I muttered sourly, and Neville let out a quiet snort from beside me.

"You're not wrong. Can you pass the butter?"

_

"They took Luna?" Neville's horrified tone made me cringe, and I could tell a guilty look was plastered on my face.

"Kind of. Yes. Definitely, yes." I said, wincing. Neville ran his hands through his hair, looking a little stunned.

"I can't believe- Poor Luna. And there was no possible way-"

"Not that I could think of at the moment. There were two of them- And even if I had, what then? We go to class the next day?" I said, holding my face in my hands. "I felt useless- I was useless. I couldn't think, I just- Stood there, like a moron."

"Admittedly, it wasn't your best move." Neville agreed, and I let out a low groan. If even Neville couldn't see good in the situation, then I knew I had messed up.

"I'm sorry Neville. I should have tried- I'd have figured out what else to do eventually. I should have tried." I muttered, wiping at the tears that managed to escape my eyes. Tilting my head back I let out a heavy sigh, staring up at the ceiling in an effort to keep others tears from leaking.