Chapter XXII

Eirlys' PoV

Nakatayo ako ngayon dito sa balcony habang dinadama ang malamig na hangin na humahampas sa 'king balat. Pinapanood ko lang ang pagdaan ng ulap sa ibabaw ko at ang pag-angat ng araw. A sunrise means another day.

Ipinatong ko ang braso ko sa railings as I watch a few students passing by Alysída Building. Alam kong hindi sila katulad namin na may ability. Sapphire Class and Emerald Class aren't like us. They are not gifted with abilities to kill or harm. They only receive some graces from the Gods.

Sapphire Class or med students have a 40% wisdom, a grace from the God of Waters, Zandro. While Emerald Class or the training-to-be warriors have the 70% strength and courage, a grace from the God of Heavens, Caspian.

Us? I don't know either. Sometimes you'll just feel like you're no longer yourself. Mapapaisip ka nalang kung sino ka ba talaga. Kung ano ba talaga ang kaya mong gawin.

I took a deep breath as I start questioning myself. I don't even know what is the limit of the power that runs in my body. I don't even know what kind of blood runs in my veins!

Buti pa 'yung mga mortal. They have types of blood, like; O, AB and such. While us? Mababaliw ka nalang siguro sa kakaalam kung sino ka ba talaga. You're like solving a mystery, and that mystery is YOU, YOURSELF.

You know what? Sometimes pumapasok sa isip ko si Azul. He is a direct descendant of Akefiá but I cannot sense any wisdom in him. He should be blessed with a hundred percent wisdom, like his grandfather and his mother.

Akefiá and Prásinos are the Kingdoms that Zandro's offsprings built for their growing family. Ouránios and Aéras is from Caspian's men. There is this history that explains why the Aéras and Ouránios separated. They should be allies, but no, they became enemies. And the Adeíazo, Hepháes and Underworld are somehow connected because it's built by the God himself, Caiden.

Kapag namatay na ang namumuno dito, saka lamang ito mapapalitan ng kanyang anak. Only their son/daughter can take the throne. If the ruler died without any child, they can be replaced by someone they trust. Just like what happened to Queen Atarah of Ouránios. She is very sweet and kind to her people. Pa'no ko nasabi? Simple, my dad and Queen Atarah are friends.

Despite of their different levels in life, they became friends. She befriended my father. Sa totoo lang, magkaiba sila ng kahariang tinatapakan. My father is an ex-warrior from Akefiá while she's a Queen of Ouránios. They met when Queen Atarah took a visit at Akefiá for her friend, Queen Sereia.

She's not looking at someone's level, she's looking at someone's soul. And I look up to her because of that. Sadly, she died during the war and she's replaced by the currently ruler, Queen Verena.

Queen Verena is Atarah's best friend. Hindi rin galing sa marangyang pamilya si Verena, but they became very close.

In her maiden years, there was a rumor that Queen Atarah fell in love with a normal or isang regular na mamamayan. And that thing is against the law... it is forbidden in every kingdom. Made by the God of Heavens and Land. They accused my father and Atarah for something that didn't really happen. Even though my father liked her, he stopped his self for Atarah reputation, but it still ended like that.

And the ladies and gentlemen call that shit law, 'The barrier law' because it keeps distance between the royals and the normals. They can only marry a warrior, fairy or a gifted, like us, protectors.

Wow! Ang daldal ko pala. Psh.

"You alright?" Tanong ni Dion na nandito sa tabi ko. Hindi ko man lang namalayan na tuluyan na palang sumikat ang araw. "The Tyrants are inside. We're waiting for the Elites to finish preparing."