25~homecoming

"Why are they taking so long?" Maverick complained.

"Dude, they're just getting ready"

"Yeah but they're so slow"

"Stop complaining, you big baby" I said to him. I swear I'm going to be the reason for his death one day.

"We're going to be late"

"I don't see how you can be late to a homecoming dance." Literally it ends at like one o'clock.

"Just call Aria and tell her to hurry up" I could get killed for that. Dating 101 never tell a girl to hurry up.

"Ugh Fine" I dialed her number and pushed the green button. "Hey baby"

"Hey, what's up?"

"Maverick's complaining like a big baby and I'm about to kill him. Do you know how much longer you'll be?"

"He needs to suck it up, it'll be like five more minutes."

"okay see you then"

"Bye" I took the phone away from my ear and hit the red button.

"She said suck it up they'll be out soon"

Minutes later they walked out and our jaws dropped. They looked absolutely beautiful.

"You look stunning" even in the dark night I could still see her blush.

"Thank you and you look handsome"

"Thank you"

Aria was in a two piece red dress, that showed too much stomach. I don't want the other guys staring. The dress was short and ended a little longer than mid thigh.The bottom piece was flowy. She was wearing a pair of silver strappy sandals with sparkly diamonds on them.

Allie was wearing a tight black dress that ended mid thigh. The dress had an open back and black floral details all over it. She wore a pair of silver stilettos.

"Ok this was worth the wait" Maverick whispered in my ear.

"You think?" I asked sarcastically. I walked up to Aria and held her in my arms. I realized that her lower back was showing. Her scar was showing. "Baby?" I said quietly. I gently rubbed my finger across the scar.

"I know, it shows my scar but the scar is a part of me. There's no use in hiding my past. Dancing was my passion, it's time to show the world."

"If you're comfortable with it, so am I. Plus I told you I love it. I'm not comfortable with you showing that much stomach, guys are going to be staring"

She laughed lightly at my pouty face. "You know what the great part about that is?"

"There's not a great part" I grumbled.

"The great part is they'll be staring at me with you and they'll know I'm yours"

"I guess but don't judge me if I try to beat someone up for staring at you"

She kissed me. "You're adorable when you're being protective" I kissed her and she kissed back. 

"Come on guys" Allie cut in. Aria glared at her but broke away from my embrace. She held out her hand and I grabbed it happily. Swinging it lightly as we made our way to the gym.
***
Orange and black decorations filled the usually smelly gym. There was now a disco ball hanging from the gym roof. There's a table on the left with drinks and food. On the right there's a place where we can get photos taken. And the middle was the dance floor.

Everyone started cheering as we walked in. I guess Maverick and I are popular right now. We did score the last goal but we couldn't have done it without the rest of the team.