• 1

~Hana's P.O.V.~

     "Are you sure you want me to substitute for you guys? I mean I'm happy you guys chose me, but still," I said in a uncertain tone.

     "Yes! Besides, Hana, you know a lot more about volleyball than we do," Yachi said with a smile.

     "I'm sure the guys will be happy to have someone like you helping them out," Kiyoko added.

     "Alright then, I hope you guys have a safe trip," I said.

     They waved at me and boarded the bus that was waiting for them in the school parking lot. They were going on a field trip with their art class for two weeks. They had asked me to take over their position as manager for the Karasuno Boys Volleyball Team while they are away.

I'm a first year on the Karasuno Girls Volleyball Team. I'm their setter in the starting lineup, but my receives and blocks are very proficient as well. I did a lot of my training in the United States.

     My Dad and I had to move there when I was starting middle school because of his job. We have recently moved back, the summer before my first year of High School.

My cousin is Tōru Oikawa, a third year setter and captain of the Aoba Jousai Boys Volleyball Team. We both share the talent of monster serves, and we have gained the title of "Great King of The Court" and the "Great Queen of The Court".

He may be one of the most annoying people on this planet but Crappykawa is still my cousin. You just have to see past the snarky attitude to see the real kind person underneath, though you may have to dig pretty deep to find it. We started playing Volleyball at the same time, I was ten and he was twelve. We have had relatively the same training as each other.

Although we may be Cousins, we actually look like twins. We both have chocolate hair with pale, very light brown skin. We also have the same build but since I'm a girl, I have slightly less muscle and height. Tōru is six foot and a half inch tall, where I'm five foot eleven and a half Inches in height. The only thing that is different is our eye color. Tōru has dark, coffee colored eyes where I have Hazel Green eyes.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked the time. Mother trucker, I'm going to be late to practice if I don't get changed soon. The girls and boys practice in the same gym but at different times. The girls practice after classes for three hours, then half an hour later the boys have the gym available for the rest of the day. Personally I don't think that's fair, but that's life.

I was jogging to the girls Volleyball club room when I hear someone calling my name. I stop and turn around and see it's my best friend, Myoko Tiawara. We have known each other since we started grade school and have almost a telepathic bond on the court. We have been playing on the same Volleyball teams together, except in middle school when I moved. We called each other almost everyday though, so we never lost touch with each other. I have always thought of her as my sister. We have known each other since we were babies.

"Myooooooo! How was your day today," I asked with a sing-song voice.

     "Boring," She said, dragging out the word dramatically.

     "Ugh, I know. Most of our work today was reading our textbooks and taking notes," I complained.

     Myoko and I are both in class four.

"Let's get moving or we're going to be late for practice," Myoko said.

"Okay! Let's go," I said and grab her hand, dragging her the rest of the way to the locker room.