Chapter Five - Pumpkins and Lentils

Hey! Hi! Hello! (Georgia Productions be quaking). May or may not've stolen that intro. Anyway, this chapter, we are going to be seeing more of Albus. I don't know why, but I feel like he hasn't been in it much. Although that could be because I've already written a bunch of future chapters and, not to spoil, but the couple I just wrote were about other people. Enjoy! 

----------------———————

Albus and Scorpius stood outside of the potions classroom, waiting for it to begin. Potions was never really fun for either of them. Slughorn had asked Scorpius to join the Slug Club in the years prior, which had also never been much fun for him. Being that the club included students like Lucy Weasley, Christopher Reynolds, Barbara Fortescue, Connor McClaggan, Jason Spinnet, Louise Glossop, Alice Longbottom, Yann Fredericks, Diana Hilliard, Roxanne Weasley, Amethyst Worth, Samuel Turpin, Hugo Granger-Weasley, Lysander Scamander, and Aster Zabini. He supposed Dmitry Yaxley, Tethysa Lee, and Rheia Farley were okay. But the majority of members hadn't come from Slytherin, and were usually a bit judgemental.

The start of year dinners had always been annoying as well. The sly remarks people would make that everyone knew were directed at Dmitry, Tethysa, Rheia, and Scorpius were enough to get Dmitry to throw a spoon at Diana. It wasn't quite like the meals in the Great Hall though. Mainly because there was a teacher right there and they couldn't get away with throwing food at Scorpius. But, after Slughorn retired their replacement Professor Babinoch had not cared much for what students did to the Slytherins.

Babinoch was a young woman that had apparently been in Ravenclaw. She had lost her Uncle in the war and so she didn't think too kindly of Slytherins. So, students could essentially do whatever the Hell they wanted to the four Slytherins and she wouldn't stop them. There were many teachers that thought the exact same way. Professor Gracon — their Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor — had a bias towards Gryffindors. Even Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws hated him.

The only Professors that didn't have biases were Flitwick, Longbottom, Lupin, Trelawny, Hagrid and Bhagat. Professor Bhagat being their Head of House. All of the other's like Sinistra and Binns seemed to not like Slytherins all that much, although they didn't take much action on it. So, Albus and Scorpius had never really liked Potions or Defence Against the Dark Arts. But, they still had to attend.

"What do you think we're doing today?" Albus asked, hands in his pockets.

"I don't know," Scorpius shrugged. "I just hope it doesn't involve anything slimy. I was picking snail goo out of my hair for the rest of the day last lesson."

Albus nodded, "Do you think the Gryffindors will stop getting extra ingredients to throw at us any time soon?"

Scorpius sighed, "If they haven't stopped by now I don't think they ever will," Scorpius instinctively went to check his hair for anything. "It's fun for them. Especially when the ingredients are slimy."

Albus groaned in annoyance, crossing his arms against his chest and pouting. Scorpius gave a sympathetic smile and and checked his watch. More students had begun to gather, and Scorpius could already see Atlas, Finn and Capri. Eventually a few Gryffindors started to file in. Polly, Rose, Vega Creevey and Alexandra Bell all showed up at the exact same time, Vega still holding a cup of pumpkin juice.

"On Wednesdays we wear pink," Albus pulled a face. "Someone needs to knock them off their high horses."

Scorpius stifled a laugh, "The pink thing was a muggle reference wasn't it?" Scorpius smiled.

"I am forcing you to watch Mean Girls, and after it's over you will agree with me," Albus scoffed. "I would just love to punch those smiles off of their bitchy little faces."

Just One Reason (Scorpius Malfoy Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara