Chapter Three - The Feast

Hi! So, I was wondering what kind of ships you want to see? Also, just so you don't get confused, Auggie is a non-binary character in my AU. I just didn't like the lack of variety in the series (because Tonks was deffo gender fluid) and I just don't see them as identifying as a girl, despite being named after Augusta Longbottom the first. There's also no gender-non-conforming dorm rooms, as far as I know, so I guess they'll have to just dorm with the girls? I don't know if I like that, but I didn't want to change the set layout of a school. Enjoy!

------------------——————-

The Hogwarts Express pulled into Hogsmeade Station and Albus and Scorpius waited until the crowd of excited students dissipated before they left the compartment. Scorpius fiddled with the hem of the shirt Albus wrapped around his wrist absentmindedly. The first years went off with Hagrid and the rest followed the path to the carriages. 

Scorpius' mind was buzzing and he didn't know which thoughts to chase. Thoughts about Albus, Connor, Yann, Polly, Karl and anyone else that might be continuously involved in his fifth year of misery and hiding his misery. Not to mention the added stress of OWL's. He thought his head might explode before they even reached the carriages.

He heard a gasp and bumped into the back of Albus, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Why'd you stop?" Scorpius asked.

"Alright, you were there so I know for a fact you can see them," Albus started. "Is that really what a thestral looks like?"

Scorpius' eyes widened at the realisation that Albus could now see them. Scorpius had been able to see them for a while. His Mother's death being the first one he'd witnessed, and that had happened a year before Albus and him had watched Delphi kill Craig Bowker Jnr.. Scorpius tried to think of a way to play it off.

"Oh wow," he smiled nervously, "I um, didn't notice it. But wow, they're so ... large?"

"That's not really what surprised me," Albus replied. "How could you not notice it? It looks like a horse and bat had a child that's all skin and bones. And the skin is a bit too big for it."

Scorpius bit the inside of his cheek, "I uh, guess I'm just not very observant?" Scorpius shrugged.

Albus rolled his eyes and seemed to buy into the lie. Scorpius felt his heart pounding and there was something heavy in his chest. He shook his head. If he told Albus the truth he would leave him and think of him like everyone else did. And everything he'd said in the library that day would be proven wrong. Albus would see Scorpius for the monster he truly was and probably start believing the rumours.

No, Scorpius told himself. Just ignore the weight, Albus doesn't need to know. Albus doesn't want to know. Scorpius let out a shaky breath as he climbed into the carriage, seeing three Ravenclaws probably a year younger than them sitting opposite them. Scorpius smiled nervously and felt his hands go slightly sticky with sweat.

"Hi Auggie," Albus greeted someone with shoulder length dirty blonde hair. "Been a while."

Auggie smiled and nodded, "It has," they glanced at Scorpius and he was met with brown eyes, "I'm Auggie. My dad's Professor Longbottom. Albus and I know each other from when we were little," they explained.

A girl with long brown hair elbowed them and glanced at Scorpius shyly. She then mumbled something that he couldn't quite make out and the carriage began to move.

"My apologies," Auggie smiled. They pointed to a girl with short black hair and dark skin. "This is Theta Cornfoot."

Theta waved, "Nice to meet you."