Archie Andrews [1]

ARCHIE ANDREWS | Fem!Reader

fluff

__________________________________

[trois]

It is a rainy night and the sound of the droplets of rain and crackling of the fireplace relaxed your body as the vanilla scented candles invaded the entire room. You sat there with the easel propped up by the fireplace and head to the table you set up for your paints.

You squirted different colors onto your palette and took a brush. You dipped it in water and took out excess water and coated the canvas with liquid white. As you finished coating it with enough layers, you started painting.

The classical music that echoed softly through the living room calmed you down almost immediately. You painted and painted for hours. As you finished, you admired your work. You checked for any signs of parts that need touching up with. As you finally decided you were satisfied enough, you left the painting on the easel to dry. You took the teapot and head to the kitchen to make more tea.

As the pot whistled, the doorbell rang throughout the house. You quickly turned the stove off and stalked to the front door. You opened the door to be met by your favorite redhead, Archie, your boyfriend.

"Hey, babe." Archie said with a smile.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" You asked and took notice of the small box on his hands, "What do you have there?"

"Oh, I came by to see my beautiful girlfriend and to give her my Christmas gift." He said with a cute grin.

You stepped aside and closed the door. He started his way to the kitchen as you followed. You sat on the stool beside him and looked at him lovingly.

"Uh, here. Merry Christmas, baby." He said as he gave you a peck on the lips and handed you the box.

You took it from his hands and started untying the ribbon that wrapped around it elegantly. The silky ribbon dropped onto the marble table and you opened the box to reveal a necklace with an expensive ring hanging on the expensive chain.

Tears well up in your eyes as Archie smiled at you. He stood up and hugged you from behind as he tucked his head in the crook of your neck and placed a gentle kiss on your skin.

"Oh my goodness, Archikins. You didn't have to." You said shocked.

"I didn't have to but I wanted to. Besides, I have one too so we're matching. These are going to be the rings we're using when we get married, I mean if you want to. You don't have to but if you want we c-"

You cut his nervous rambling off with a kiss. He froze in shock and held you by the waist and kissed you back. You deepened the kiss and as air became a necessity, you pulled away. You smiled and gave him another peck.

"I will love to marry you, Archie. Always and I love you." You said and turned around for him to place the necklace around your neck.

You turned to him once more and kissed him before walking with him to the living room. Before you entered, you called his attention. He turned to you and hummed.

"My gift is in there. Uh, can you close your eyes before I show you or something?" You asked nervously.

"Of course." He smiled and covered his face with the sleeves of his coat with one hand and held yours with the other.

You led him in the living room and stood him in front of the painting. You positioned it well and stood beside him.

"Now."

Archie opened his eyes and adjusted to the brightness. Once he got used to it, his eyes grew wide and his jaw dropped. You fiddled with your fingers in nervousness.

The room was silent and the more seconds passed, the more your hands sweat. Archie turned to you and you mentally prepared for rejection. You were about to excuse your silly gift but was caught off guard with Archie hugging you.

You smiled and reciprocated the hug with his head on your shoulder. Your smile grew wider as you patted his back, "Okay, big boy. Does it look okay?"

"Okay? It's more than okay. It looks so gorgeous. I never had anyone to do something like this for me. I love you so much you know that?" The redhead said while looking at the painting.

You looked back at the painting and you couldn't deny the fact you actually did a great job. You painted you and Archie laughing at the beaches of Hawaii in your trip last summer. He had his arms wrapped tightly around your small frame. Your right arm snaked around his neck while your left hand cupping the left side of his head. He had a goofy smile on his face that was slightly pressed on the right side of your face with your head slightly tilted up, letting out a big laugh. The wind pushed your y/h/c hair back and the waves calmly touched the sand.

You looked at Archie and stared at his side profile as he inspected the painting thoroughly with his eyes lighting up every time he noticed a nice, tiny detail. You watched his eyebrows shoot up his forehead in amazement and the corners of his lips that tugged upward.

Archie can feel the side of his face burning from the staring his girlfriend is doing. He turned to you and smiled a huge smile before cupping your cheeks and pressing his lips to yours. His lips lingered for five seconds before leaving and returning back in numerous pecks as you giggled.

Archie stared at you as you returned it, looking at him with so much love. You raised your hand and caressed his right cheek and you watched as light blush dusted his cheeks.

"I love you so much, Archie."

"I love you so much more, princess. How about we bake some cookies and then watch some horrible Christmas movies to make fun of?" Archie suggests. Your lips formed a huge grin and you nodded almost immediately then dragged him to the kitchen with you by his arm.