Chapter 18

Y/N's Pov:

"Hey." I sighed out as I opened the door for my parents who had just arrived.

"Y/N." My dad replied in his weird way of greeting.

I turned to my mom, "Hi mom."

"Hello." She awkwardly replied, avoiding any eye contact with me.

"You wanna come in?"

"Yes, but we won't be staying long." My dad replied in a monotone voice. I nodded and opened the door wider for them.

They took a seat on the couch and I stood opposite them, but not too close. "So, what do you wanna talk about?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what they were going to say.

"You and Air-iana." My mom spoke up.

"Ariana." I corrected but she ignored me.

"How could you do this to us?" My dad stood up directly in front of me. "Do what?"

"This is going to ruin our business!" He screamed. Out of everything he could be worried about, he first worries about the business?

"What? How?"

"No one is going to want to work with us now, because of your confused phase!" He screamed again, he was furious.

"This isn't a phase! I've always known but I never told you guys because of this exact reason!" I screamed back. Of course they would think this is a phase.

"Don't scream at your father like that!" My mom joined in. As soon as she said that, my phone right beside where my mom was sitting, buzzed multiple times. "Who is that?" She asked looking at it. It was flipped so she couldn't see the messages. "It's probably a friend." I shrugged, why does this matter?

She grabbed it and quickly read the messages out loud, "Oh, a friend? 'hi baby', 'is everything okay?' 'i miss you' 'message-"

"Hey! You can't go through my stuff like that, I'm not in highschool anymore!" I tried grabbing it back but my dad stopped me.

"You can continue working for the business, but you will definitely not be taking after it once I step down. Your brother will." He said, anger evident in his eyes.

"But-"

"There are no buts Y/N. We will not support you with this life style you chose, nor will we accept it." My mom stood next to him.

They both walked out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

-

After what had happened, I occupied myself and started working out to forget about everything.

"Hey." I heard Ariana's voice. "Oh, hi." I smiled, removing my headphones off.

"How did it go?" She asked walking up to me. "Not good." I sighed and she grabbed my hand. "Im sorry, do you wanna talk about it?" She asked in a comforting tone.

"Maybe later." I replied and she nodded. "I'm gonna have a shower and then we can order something to eat?"

"Okay sounds good, but I still haven't gotten my kiss." She pouted and I chuckled, "But I'm all gross and sweaty."

She shrugged her shoulders, "I don't care."

She got on her tiptoes to kiss my lips, which I melted into, and wrapped her arms around my neck to deepen it. "Okay, now let me have a shower." I tapped her waist so she could let go and she giggled.