Chapter 14

Ariana's Pov:

"Who is that girl Ariana?" Scooter asks me. We were talking about upcoming events and meetings that are in the near future, but he quickly changed the subject after a while.

"What?" I ask back at the sudden change of topic. "Who is the girl in the pictures?" He asks again, but this time in a serious tone.

"Y/N? She's my friend." I lie. "She's definitely more than a friend." He says, seeming to be annoyed at my answer.

"She's my girlfriend." I sigh out, I have no idea what his reaction to this is going to be. "We didn't want to make anything public just yet but who cares anymore it's already out to the whole world." I mumble the last part.

"Why didn't you let me know before doing that?"

"What do you mean?" I let out a small laugh. "You can't do something like that, we've been through this a hundred times before!" He starts to get angrier.

"Why are you yelling?" I question, trying to calm him down. "Because I'm going to get into a lot of trouble! You can't go kissing around girls, this could be just as bad for you." He tries to explain, but I'm not having it. I stayed silent...

"Are you serious?" I chuckle out of anger. "I don't go kissing around a bunch of random girls! She's my girlfriend."

"You need to stop seeing her. I mean it." I coldly speaks. A million things went through my mind when he said that, there's no way I'll ever do that.

"No, I can't." I refuse. "You have to do it, I'm not giving you an option."

"But why? Just because some old homophobic man told you I can't be seen with a girl? Me being with a girl wouldn't change anything, can't you change his mind or something?" I speak as my voice breaks.

The line on the other end stays silent.

He sighs, "I'm sorry Ariana, we'll talk more about this soon." He sympathetically said before hanging up.

I put my phone down and stare into blank space. There's only a few words that can explain how I feel, I hate this. I don't want to do this, but if I don't, who knows what will happen? Could I lose my career if I refuse?

"Hey babe?" Y/N walks into the room, breaking my stare. "You okay?" She asks and sits beside me. "Yeah," I clear my throat. "What did you need?" I ask.

"I wanted to see if you want to take Toulouse and Myron on a walk with me."

"Yeah, sure." I stand up and so does she. "Ariana?" She asks. "Yes?"

"You sure you're okay?" She asks again. I cant keep lying to her, I take a deep breath. "No." I speak and look down. "What's wrong baby?" She walks closer to me and places a finger under my chin so she can see my face.

I stay silent and take a long look at her before I tell her the truth. "Ari?" She waves her hand in front of my face.

"Y/N we can't be seen together anymore."

a/n: lmao sorry for the short chapter