Chapter 3

a/n: 100 followers i'm famous boiii. k bye lmao

Ariana's Pov:

"I like you Y/N. More than just a friend."

She looked taken aback by what I had just said, I knew I shouldn't of said it and kept my mouth shut instead. She probably sees me as a friend and now not only have I embarrassed myself, but also probably lost someone who I deeply cared about.

"I'm sorry." I said and looked down to my hands which rested on my lap.
"No, don't be." She said and grabbed my hands, making butterflies erupt in my stomach.
"I never would've guessed you liked me too." She said which confused me. I looked back up at her and she was smiling at me.
"Wait, what did you say?" I sat up in shock and she laughed.
"You heard me." She looked straight into my eyes. I scoffed and instantly wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her into a hug.
"I thought I might've lost you for a second." I mumbled into her neck and she wrapped her arms around my waist.
"Don't think you can get rid of me anytime soon, Grande." She joked and I laughed.
"You being serious?" She asked as we pulled away from eachother.
"Mhm." I hummed and got lost in her eyes.
"So, what are we?" I asked, I would love to be with her but I wanted to give it more time since we only met a few weeks ago.
"I don't know, I don't want to rush us into anything." She replied and I nodded in agreement. We were both silent for a few minutes, enjoying eachothers company while she played with the label on the inside of my sweater and I traced a few of her tattoos on her muscles while humming to a tune.

"You wanna stay the night?" I asked hoping she'd say yes.
"I have work early in the morning." She frowned but I wasn't going to give up.
"Please?" I pouted and she laughed.
"Don't make that face, you know I'm gonna give in." I ignored her and continued to pout like a little child.
"Stay with me, I'll miss you too much." I frown.
"Fine, fine." She gave in and I cheered. I knew I'd win, I have her wrapped around my finger.
"Yay! Come on." I said and grabbed her hand to pull her up.
I led her to my room and she admired the place.
"Uh, I don't have anything to wear." She said but I was already two steps ahead of her. I grabbed a few clothes that weren't my size, guessing they'll fit her since she's taller and perfectly more mascular than me but not too much.
"Here, these are too big for me so they'll probably fit you. There's the bathroom." I said pointing towards the bathroom door.
"Thank you." She smiled and I returned one.
She walked into the bathroom and I got changed while she got ready.

She walked out and I got under the covers on my bed.
"Come on." I said and patted the empty space beside me. She looked a little hesitant at first but got in anyways. I shuffled closer to her and she smiled sleepily.
"Goodnight Ari." She said.
"Goodnight Y/N." I replied.

———————————————————

I woke up to the loud LA traffic that's constantly going on. I felt a weight on my waist and I realised I was snuggled up against Y/N'S chest and her arms were protectively wrapped around me. I smiled at the sight, I could get used to this.
"Stop staring, you weirdo." She smiled and opened her eyes, squinting at the light.
"Good morning." I giggled.
"Morning." She replied in a raspy voice which made me melt once I heard that.
"What time is it?" She asked and reached for her phone. I pouted at the lose of contact.
"I'm not sure, I didn't check."

"Shit." She said and instantly sat up.
"What?" I asked, propping onto my elbows and began rubbing my head from all the light that hit my face.
"I'm late for work." She said and got up from the bed.
"I thought you said you work from home?"
"I do but I gotta make an important business call today... In 30 minutes." She said and took off the t-shirt she was wearing revealing her toned body and abs. My eyes widened at the sight. I knew she worked out but I wasn't expecting that. I quickly looked away after noticing what I was doing to give her some privacy.
"When will I see you again?" I ask walking up to her once she finished changing.
"Uhh, you wanna go out for lunch today?" She asks hopefully rubbing the back of her neck. I instantly smiled and nodded.
"Great I'll pick you up at 12." She said and we walked to the front door.
"I'll see you later." I said and kissed her cheek. We both blushed and she chuckled.
"Bye Ariana." She waved and got into her car.

I watched her drive away and shut my door, I rested my head on the door and let out a huge breath before going back upstairs to get ready for the day.

It was now 11:30 and Y/N texted me saying she was about to leave her house to pick me up. There was a knock on the door, it couldn't be Y/N since she just texted me. I shrugged it off and walked to the front door before opening it.

My eyes met with the person I though I'd never see again. Pete.

———————————————————

Y/N'S Pov:

I texted Ariana that I'm on my way and she hasn't read my message yet, which was strange since she'd always message back within a few seconds. I arrive and I see an unfamiliar car parked in front of her house. I get out and see a man standing in front of the door, getting a bit too close to Ariana who was trying to move away from him. As I walked close, I heard a bit of their conversation.
"Please give me another chance baby, I miss you." The male voice spoke. Baby?
"Go away Pete. We broke up ages ago!" She said and he got closer to her.
I walkup behind the man and Ariana finally saw me.
"Oh Y/N, you're here." She says pushing the guy to the side to hug me.
"Is everything okay?" I whisper in her ear as we pull away from the hug.
"Yes, Pete was just leaving." She says clinging onto my right arm as he watches in confusion.
"Who's this?" He asks looking at me and back to Ariana. His eyes then landed on the flowers that I had bought for Ariana.
"I'm Y/N, weren't you leaving?" I asked sensing Ariana's distress. He mumbled a quiet 'yeah' and walked back to his car.
"Thank you." She says and lays her head onto my chest.
"You okay? Who was that?" I ask rubbing her back as I watch him pull out of her driveway.
"My ex-fiancé." She sighs and looks up at me.
"Oh, what did he want?" She never told me she had a fiancé. Well I didn't even ask but that kinda hurt, knowing she was about to get married to someone else. I can't even be mad since we haven't known each other for long and we're aren't even together, yet.
"Said he misses me and begged me for another chance." She chuckled and shook her head while I just listened.
"He wouldn't take no for an answer and just got... too touchy." She said in disgust and scrunched her face.
"Did he hurt you?" I asked protectively and she shook her head no.

"I don't want this to ruin our day, let's just forget about this." She said smiling. She seemed like she didn't want to talk about it and I wasn't going to push her into doing so.
"Oh, here I forgot." I chuckle nervously and hand her the flowers. She breaks out into a cheesy smile, she lifted it up to her nose and inhaled the scent.
"Thank you, I love it." She said pulling the flowers away to hug me.

"Let's go have that lunch like I promised." I smile, she nods and gets on her tiptoes to kiss my cheek.