Survival: Part 4 - Friend or Foe

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Driving towards the road they knew they would be exposed for a little while as they left the forest and continued to the bridge. They broke through the foliage and sped, dodging abandoned cars and the occasional zombie. Rita's maneuvers were perfection and her training as an elite SWAT member was evident.

Before long the left over military were on them firing. It was a car chase. A barrage of bullets hit the back window and spider webbed the bulletproof glass. Grace screamed and turned to look out and see that another military car had joined the chase.

"Look!" Alice shouted pointing to a wall of trucks blocking the roadway of the bridge.

"When I stop everyone run across!" Rita spun the car to it's side as people funneled out. Alice, Grace, Phil started to get out as the military hummer slammed the police car. The baby he was holding and he fell to the ground. The police car jolted forward over Phil's back as he let out a loud scream.

Grace's eyes were wide as the baby few forward and landed, still wrapped in it's blanket a few feet away. Rita was in the car and bruised, her eyes looking confused.

The person manning the rifle on top of the hummer pointed it at Alice and Grace. Then a rifle sounded and the person stopped.

"RUN!" A familiar voice shouted.

Grace looked up to see Milo standing on top of the bridge with a hunting rifle laying down cover fire for them to get ahead.

Grace turned around and pulled open the driver's side door for Sebastian and Rita to tumble out. Rita pulled out a pistol and fired at the hummer quickly disposing of the driver.

The other military hummer was cautious about it's approach.

"Milo!" Grace ran and grabbed the baby turning to look at Phil, dead under the police car. She held her breath and quickly maneuvered through the wall of vehicles blocking the bridge. The strong smell of gasoline hit her nostrils as she emerged from the other side of the wall of cars. The bridge was covered in gasoline.

Alice came up behind Grace and ushered her forward.

Meanwhile, Sebastian, a bit bruised joined Milo on top of the bridge, happy to see his friend who still wore a fox eared cap. Milo's fired again at the hummer. Sebastian knew a more sentimental reunion would have to happen later as he turned his attention to the road.

"You boys got this?" Rita shouted up and Sebastian and Milo continued to have cover fire. "They're calling for re-enforcements we have probably about 10 minutes." She shouted running through the wall of cars and hurrying to lift herself up onto the bridge.

Milo's eyes were intent on the road. He wanted more survivors. He wanted to see Graham running down the road. But he had about 30 minutes before noon. That's when he told everyone to show. He went to 6 campgrounds and found people at 4 – he instructed those to go to a few and hoped they would. But the survivors that showed were far and few between. His plan was working but maybe his expectations for effectiveness weren't strong enough.

"Stay sharp!" Rita shouted and continued to fire as another military hummer showed up and they started firing on the crew.
Suddenly, at the horizon, a Jeep and a trailer spun around the military hummers heading to the bridge. The jeep knocked down some military personal that were firing at the bridge and each spun to the side copying what Rita did to shield their survivors as they exited the vehicles.

The survivors ran between the cars as 6 more military hummers arrived.

"Light 'em up!" A solider shoulders and heavy fire started to rain down on Milo, Sebastian, and Rita.