- 1 2 2 - FRIGHT

LORELEI DID NOT GO TO ST

LORELEI DID NOT GO TO ST. MUNGO'S TO VISIT ARTHUR WEASLEY. She could not make herself feel well enough to be around other people, and however selfish it may be, she did not want to be around a happy family. George understood, as well as he could, and left her with Sirius. She spent time with Sirius, listening to his Muggle music collection while looking through old photos. She grinned when she finally saw the one of James pushing her on a broomstick.

When the Weasleys returned, Harry was awfully quiet. She rose an eyebrow at George who gave her a shaky smile in return. Giving Sirius back his photo album, Lorelei stood up to follow the twins upstairs, Harry already disappearing somewhere.

"Well?" Lorelei prodded when she had shut the door behind her. "How is Arthur?" Lorelei saw the tired looks on their faces as they sat in their respective beds. She gave them both a smile, the best she could muster at the moment.

Lorelei was trying her best not to break down again. When Remus left to check on his home and do a task for Dumbledore, she instantly felt the tug on her emotions again. Sirius had kept her mind busy, but there was no forgetting Amatheia Calypso. The best she could do is hide it until she was alone. She had to be strong for Harry and for the Weasleys.

"All right as he can be," Fred said with a grimace. "But we know he'll be fine."

Lorelei smiled a bit at that thought. She sat next to George who was quiet. "Okay, if he's all right then what is wrong?"

"Harry," George said with a frown. "We listened in a conversation we definitely should not have."

"And?" Lorelei said, now standing up again. This is what she meant. She couldn't allow herself time to grieve or cry because too many people depended on her. She had to be strong for them. "What is it that you heard?"

George frowned further. "Moody says You-Know-Who could be possessing Harry. If so, he could be controlled at any moment."

"Lovely," Lorelei muttered. "Get some sleep before dinner, yeah?" The twins nodded, Fred was already laying down after kicking off his shoes. Lorelei leaned down to kiss George quickly before pushing him in his on laying position. Leaving, she made her way to Harry's room.

George frowned at her retreating figure. Fred sighed as he glanced at his brother. "She's not even giving herself time to be sad," Fred commented exactly what George was thinking.

"It's like she thinks she needs to move on and act tough for us," George muttered, grabbing his pillow in frustration. "I hate that she can't express herself as she used to around me."

"Don't take it to heart, mate. Talk to her about it," Fred tried. "A lot is going on because the war is on the rise. There isn't time for issues like that. You both will be fine, I'm sure of it."

"I hope," George said with a thoughtful look on his face. "I love her."

"I know, Georgie. She knows it, too."

Lorelei knocked on Harry's door. Not hearing an answer, she pushed it open anyway. Harry was laying in his bed, facing away from the door. If she didn't know better, she would have thought he was sleeping. Sighing, she shut the door and walked over to the boy. Sitting near his head, she ran a hand through his hair in a comforting way.

"Harry," Lorelei whispered, "talk to me."

"It's my fault Mr. Weasley was attacked," Harry whispered with his eyes closed still. "I was the snake, Voldemort was possessing me. That's why there's guards around me all the time. They are trying to protect other people so I don't harm them--"

"Now, you stop it right there," Lorelei said firmly, halting her hand in his hair. His eyes opened as he turned to look at her wearily. "You are not a weapon. You're a teenage boy who's had the worst luck. They're guarding you because, at any moment, someone could take you and kill you. We are all protecting you. Don't feel guilty, Harry."

He sighed and shut his eyes as if he was in pain. "I'm putting everyone in danger by being here. Look what happened to your mother--" Lorelei flinched at the mention. "--I-I'm sorry. I know it's too soon. I just feel partially responsible for her death."

"What happened to my mother is my fault and mine alone. Do not pity the dead, Harry."

"I think I just need time to let it all sink in. The Weasleys won't even look at me," he muttered.

"They're just as frightened as you, not of you. This is a war, and people are going to die. Things are not always going to go the way we want, but we have to be strong. As strong as we can be, you know. We were put in Gryffindor for a reason: bravery is only one of them."

Harry nodded, and Lorelei took it as her time to go. Kissing him on the cheek, she left to go back to the twins' room. She noticed how both boys were still awake staring at the ceiling. Slipping off her shoes, she smiled lightly at George who moved to give her space in his bed.

Things were only going to get worse from here. That was certain. The best thing they could do was savor the moments with each other because they won't last.