- 1 1 0 - HIGH INQUISITOR

THE GRYFFINDORS FIRST QUIDDITCH PRACTICE OF THE YEAR HAD BEEN ROUGH

THE GRYFFINDORS FIRST QUIDDITCH PRACTICE OF THE YEAR HAD BEEN ROUGH. With not a single practice last year besides a few scrimmages, losing Oliver Wood, and a new Keeper, Lorelei had her work cut out for her. She thanked Neptune that Angelina had voiced her thoughts on what they should do; Lorelei knew Angelina should have been captain, after all.

Ron was dreadful because he had no confidence and the onlookers were mostly Slytherins who were making fun of him. Just when passing the Quaffle around at warmups, Ron dropped it more than he caught it. Ron grew afraid of the mermaid whose eyes were growing darker by the minute at the jeering from the Slytherins.

Ron had thrown the ball straight in Katie Bell's face, causing a brutal nosebleed. Lorelei sighed and thanked Fred for giving her whatever it was he did. Hopefully, it would clear up.

"All right," called Lorelei after a while of paling and thinking of her next move. "Fred, George, go and get your bats and a Bludger; Ron to a goalpost; Harry, release the Snitch when I say."

Lorelei grabbed the whistle and blew it once everyone was in position. She could hear Angelina yelling at Ron to guard his post, but Lorelei was now focused on Katie.

"Katie, do something about that nosebleed!" she called.

"It's just getting worse!" Katie yelled back. Fred, who was flying near, looked horrified as he checked his pockets. Mumbling something to George, George looked over at Lorelei's angry face with a horrifying expression to match his brothers.

After two failing plays, it dawned on Lorelei what Fred had given her. She blew her whistle again making Harry sigh frustratedly. She called for them, ignoring the Slytherins who were laughing happily. She glared at Fred and George.

"She--er--might have swallowed a Blood Blisterpod by mistake--" Fred stuttered out to Lorelei who was fuming by this point.

"Take her to the hospital wing, now. There's no point in continuing without our Beaters and a Chaser," pausing to look hatefully toward the Slytherins, she shouted, "GET OUT OF HERE, YOU LOUSY MUPPETS, BEFORE I COME UP THERE AND--"

"All right, temper, let's go," Harry said pulling her down all the way to the ground while Fred, George, and Katie disappeared. Angelina sighed loudly before following Lorelei into the changing rooms with Gryffindors are losers still pounding in her head.

A week exactly later, Lorelei felt her temper becoming harder to control. Without being in the water for months now, only a foot in here and there, her skin felt like it was on fire constantly. She wanted to scream in anger because Dolores Umbridge had become the High Inquisitor of Hogwarts, thus revoking Lorelei's swimming privileges completely.

Dumbledore, McGonagall, and even Snape had warned the woman that Lorelei could die if left out of the water too long, but Umbridge showed a signed paper from Fudge. If a half-breed can't even stay alive living like a normal witch or wizard, then the half-breed should not be allowed at the school at all. Lorelei could feel the thin line she was walking on about to break. When that would happen, all hell would break loose.