- 8 0 - GOBLET OF FIRE

THE DAY OF HALLOWEEN, FRED, LEE, AND GEORGE, WITH THE HELP OF LORELEI, MADE THE AGING POTION

THE DAY OF HALLOWEEN, FRED, LEE, AND GEORGE, WITH THE HELP OF LORELEI, MADE THE AGING POTION. The other two schools arrived the night before, and they had a grand feast about it. Now, they were going to have the champions chosen that night from the Goblet of Fire.

Lorelei smirked at the boys who seemed so confident in Lorelei's potion recipe. The recipe would work, no doubt, but Dumbledore wasn't an idiot. The age line would surely knock them out fairly quickly.

Lorelei smiled as George had tugged on her arm to keep up as they ran full-speed into the Great Hall. People turned as the lovely group of four were laughing and looking fairly excited. Lorelei was only excited to see the boys grow old. She was ready to see it fail.

Lorelei smirked as Fred yelled, "Done it! Just taken it!"

"What?" Ron questioned as they finally made it to the Goblet of Fire.

George, Lee, and Fred stood tall as Lorelei shrunk toward Harry. Harry saw the mischievous look in her eyes and began to grin. Fred replied to Ron, "The aging potion, dung brains! Lorelei gave us the recipe. Finished it this morning!"

"One drop each," George said with a smirk. "We only need to be a few months older."

"We're going to split the thousand Galleons between the four of us if one of us wins," Lee said with a beaming grin.

"I'm not sure this is going to work, you know," Hermione said with a warning tone. "I'm sure Dumbledore will have thought of this."

Lorelei leaned down to the know-it-all. "I reckon so. Let's enjoy the show, 'Mione. It'll be a good one." Ron and Harry grinned madly at her words.

Fred jumped in first to put his name in. George grinned and followed. Lorelei held Lee's arm back as they heard a sizzling sound commence. Out of nowhere, both boys moved harshly backward ten feet away with force, white beards growing on their faces. The twins began to laugh loudly when they looked at each other along with everyone else in the hall. Lorelei saw Hermione even shoot a smirk to the scene.

"I did warn you," Professor Dumbledore's amused voice rang in the hall; his eyes were twinkling at the bearded twins. "I suggest you both go up to Madam Pomfrey. She is already tending to Miss Fawcett, of Ravenclaw, and Mr. Summers, of Hufflepuff, both of whom decided to age themselves up a little too. Though I must say, neither of their beards is anything like as fine as yours."

Later, Lorelei smiled at Angelina who put her name in the Goblet, students applauding the witch. Lorelei congratulated the girl respectfully, not really happy that she would want to risk her life that way.

That night, the champions were to be chosen. Cedric Diggory and Graham Montague were two other students Lorelei had heard who put their name in. She sneered at the Slytherin when he passed with a smirk on his face. She wasn't sure who else had put their name, but she was only glad Fred, George, and Harry were not allowed.

When the reaping began, Lorelei sat next to George and Fred who were back to their original ages and beardless. Lorelei nudged the two who sat on opposite sides of her. "I think I liked your beards better."

George shoved the girl, but he had a smile on his face.

When the names began to be called out, Lorelei clapped appropriately and respectfully when Viktor Krum was chosen for Durmstrang. She saw many females and males swoon over the Russian, but Lorelei only frowned. He just wasn't her cup of tea. When she thought about who she liked, she only saw the red-head--

Lorelei's eyes widened at the thought. She scolded herself for those thoughts at a time like this. With her face reddening, she leaned over to Fred's shoulder.

The next champion was Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons. Lorelei frowned when the boys went wild with their clapping because she noticed a lot of the females were Veelas; Fleur was no exception. The twins had been caught on many occasions staring at them by Lorelei. Lorelei would always sneer and turn away. The idiots.

When the Hogwarts Champion was to be revealed, Fred longed for it to be Angelina. Lorelei could see he was holding her hand in excitement under the table. Lorelei sat up when the Goblet spat out the name.

Cedric Diggory was called.

Lorelei smiled and clapped loudly for the Hufflepuff who had saved her life the year prior. He was trying to be modest, but he was enjoying being clapped for no doubt.

After a few moments, Dumbledore smiled brightly and extended his arms. "Excellent! Well, we now have our three champions. I am sure I can count upon all of you, including the remaining students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to give your champions every ounce of support you can muster. By cheering your champion on, you will contribute in a very real--"

The Great Hall went silent as the Goblet of Fire became red again. It began to sizzle as it did for Fred and George earlier, as if it knew whatever was happening was wrong. The Goblet seemed to grow angrier and angrier by the second until finally, it spat out another piece of parchment.

Dumbledore caught it swiftly, eyes glazing over where no amusement was shown. Everyone looked at the old wizard waiting to hear what had happened. Dumbledore seemed to read the parchment over and over again in his head until he suddenly yelled out,

"Harry Potter!"

Lorelei felt her throat constrict. No.

No, absolutely not. No, no, no. Lorelei felt her head spinning as the boy who lived tried to hide behind Hermione, but the latter was pushing him forward. Ron looked at the boy in disbelief.

Harry was telling those around him, mostly Ron, that he didn't put his name in. Well, how would it have happened? How would he have entered? Lorelei grabbed George's arm feeling anxious about this. George watched as the girl he fancied was thinking about all the things that could go wrong. Her brain was moving a mile a second, and he could see her begin to shake. If that was how she was feeling, imagine how Harry was feeling.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore called again. "Harry! Up here, if you please!"

Lorelei watched as Ludo Bagman, the man they were trying to speak to for months now, was smiling brightly at the situation at his spot at the Great Hall table. She hadn't noticed him until then. He quickly followed Harry, who finally made it to Dumbledore, into the room of Champions.

The Great Hall began buzzing of people cursing Harry's name and saying mean things about him. Lorelei felt like she was going to be sick.

She stood up and left the hall, but she felt someone, well, two someones following her. They always did follow her, she realized. She loved them for it.

-

Lol, had to add this