THEA VS. THE DREAM

The day following my lunch in the library with Killian was strange to say the least

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The day following my lunch in the library with Killian was strange to say the least. It started like every other, was cyclical like every other, and yet everything was a bit off. Rather, the people were a bit off.

I've learned not to expect the usual when it comes to the people of Mount Lupine, especially those belonging to the community of Moonrise, and yet yesterday their behavior exceeded all of my previous expectations. Under normal circumstances, the kids at school are already very clandestine in their conversations and are usually attached at the hip to their significant others--or maybe attached at their lips--but this wasn't the case yesterday.

What I noticed first was the students who were missing. At least forty percent of the school's population were gone. Every single boy over what seemed like tenth grade were missing. The only students left were the girls and most freshmen boys.

The girls were all noticeably solemn, the boys being generally put out the entire day. Even Sorrell didn't attempt to speak to me. Those usually amicable and bubbly with their friends or lovers were silent and dejected. Others said they were sick and went home.

I, of course, found all of this quite intriguing.

Today was much the same, only worse. Everyone is positively distraught. I've never seen them looking so worried and on edge before. Unsurprisingly, no one would tell me anything about what was going on. I even asked a stranger and she did nothing short of running away.

So, while everyone else was grieving and upset, I was an odd mixture of anger and curiosity. Since no one would tell me what the hell was happening, I have ventured to figure this out on my own. At first, I wasn't too concerned with their odd behaviorisms as they didn't directly affect me, but now I think that they do.

Students are allowed to skip school for some apparent reason I am not allowed to know and the others grieve their lost presence like war widows. This entire town is involved in something strange and I will find out what it is.

My most likely guess thus far is a cult of some kind. The missing students could be some kind of ritual. I've had other assumptions, but none of them are even possible. I have decided to begin my research using the scientific method, as it seems the most logical route for acquiring a solution to this uncanny behavior. I've even started a list!

1. Observations:

A. Unusual phys. athleticism for males w/ freaky behavior e.g., sniffing, possessiveness of females, growling, Killians warmth(?), etc. Other obs. to be listed.

B. Everyone hates me. Not unusual but still wierd (weird?).

C. Moonrise being freakishly tightknit/protected. Guards w/ guns plus Callum incident :0

D. ¿KILLIAN? I'm not sure what to make of him... :/

E. Killian's maps (forgotten what they look like) :(