chapter eleven

"i'm sorry, i'm so, so sorry," flora quietly said to pope

"i'm sorry, i'm so, so sorry," flora quietly said to pope. the two were standing in the small boat, observing the small waves in the distance. "i should've fought him, tackled him maybe." flora rambled. pope look down at the brunette, smiling at her slightly.

"it's not your fault flora," he mumbled pulling the girl into a small hug. "he's evil, you deserve better," he whispered. as if on cue, an extremely happy jj walked into the boat, a surprised look on his face when he saw flora.

"is everything okay?" he asked, standing next to flora. "didn't expect to see you," he said, shrugging his shoulder.

"um, yeah," flora said, trying to clear her choked up voice.

"what's up with you guys?" jj asked, concern in his voice. "pope, you okay bro?" he muttered. "yo, what happened to your face dude?" he asked once he had a closer look at pope's face. "flora, are you also hurt?" he asked, turning his attention towards the girl.

flora nodded no, sobbing again slowly, unable to tell jj what had happened to pope. 

"what happened?" jj asked angrily, looking into flora's eyes.

"rafe, and topper, they jumped him," flora said quietly. "i was there, i didn't do anything, i didn't," she whispered, guilt in her voice.

"it wasn't your fault," pope reminded her. "they said no pogues on their side of the island," pope added.

"what are you going to do?" jj asked pope seriously. 

––––

"2020 malibu, 24-mxc," pope said, looking straight at topper's wave setter. "number one in quality, luxury, and performance." he added.

"this is war pope," jj said looking at the distance. "you on this princess?" he asked, turning towards flora.

"you bet i am," flora said, determination in her voice. "what's the plan?" she asked.

"it's simple, they hit us, we hit them," jj said, pulling a bandana over his face.

"are you going to do it pope?" flora asked, looking over at pope who was already taking his shirt off, preparing to jump into the water.

"what's your deal with rafe?" jj asked seriously once pope was in the water.

"nothing," flora mumbled, looking at the distance making sure pope was okay.

"it's not nothing," jj said quietly.

"we were childhood sweethearts, and you know what they say, you can't forget your first love," flora said, shrugging her shoulders.

"he's not good for you," jj said, looking into flora's eyes. "he's dangerous."

"i know," flora said simply. "but you don't choose who you love, you should know that maybank," flora said with a smile.

"i don't know what you're talking about," the boy said quickly.

"i'm talking about kiara, you and i, we use each other to forget the people that don't love us back, or that are bad for us," flora said, looking into his eyes.

"i guess you're right," jj said with a sad smile before turning his attention towards pope who had just arrived.

"wow," flora said, clearly impressed by pope's actions.

"i'm so proud of you right now," jj said ecstatically, helping pope get back into the boat. 

"flora, jj," pope said quickly, his tone suddenly serious. "you can't tell anybody, not kie, not john b, not sarah cameron, and especially not rafe," he said looking towards flora.

"i would never," flora said in a serious tone, making sure he understood that his secret was safe with her.

"my lips are sealed," jj said quickly, before tossing the wave setter sinking button into the ocean. 

"you know, you're always welcome with us," pope said, a sympathizing smile on his face.

"yeah, we also have a free room at john b's, you passed the vibe test," jj said with a smile.

"i passed the vibe check when i slept with you," flora said while laughing. "i would love to, but kiara she hates me, it's just not fair towards her.

"she'll get used to it,"jj said wrapping the girl into a hug.

"she better," pope said, pulling the two into a group hug.