three.

Wyatt chuckled at the small doctor as he smiled sarcastically at the group, arms folded across his chest. The twins were sat at the table with Steve and Natasha. Banner was hovering, he was as restless as always. The man with the golden hair, Thor, was still stood in the corner, staring at the floor.

Steve looked around the room.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor. What's his play?" Vera noticed he hadn't smiled properly since being here, even she'd smiled. He didn't take his eyes off the man who Vera had read about.

"He has an army." He sighed as he turned to the group. "Called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." Thor looked at both Wyatt and Vera weirdly.

Maria Hill walked to where Thor was talking, taking in what was being said.

"An army? From outer space?" Vera asked incredulously. By now she was looking at her brother with anger, knowing they were not just here to help find a glowing cube. They were there to fight, to protect the earth, to be heroes. Vera scoffed.

Her brother gave her a sheepish smile and a slight shrug. We'll be fine, he thought to her. She rolled her eyes in reply.

Bruce shuffled behind the twins. Natasha looked down at the table.

"So, he's building another portal?" Bruce question, taking his glasses off.

"That's what he needs Eric Selvig for." Wyatt stated. Vera looked at him. "What? I did the reading." He smiled down at her.

We gotta be careful, Wy. This is exactly why we shouldn't have come. It's dangerous, you know what happened last time, Vera thought to Wyatt. He knew this was dangerous, cringing at the memory of last time. He also knew she'd stay if he did. Wyatt had no intention of leaving when he knew they could help.

"Selvig?" Thor quizzed, a serious look in his eyes.

"He's an astrophysicist." Wyatt explained.

"He's a friend." Thor replied, looking down slightly at the thought of his old friend.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." As she said the last part, Natasha thought of her friend. She looked around the room, avoiding anyone eyes.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve wondered to no one in particular. Vera had guessed they'd been on a mission as soon as she'd seen the Captain geared up. She thought of the man in the holding cell below them, shuffling uncomfortably at the thought.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce said. Vera nodded slowly, agreeing with him.

"Have care how you speak." Thor stepped forward as he spoke, almost threateningly. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha said bluntly, with no expression on her face as she looked at Thor, who wavered slightly.

"He's adopted." He said in almost a questioning tone.

As much as Loki gave Vera a bad feeling, she admired how Thor was sticking up for his brother. He was loyal to his family, just as she was to hers.

"Well, we can't choose our family." Wyatt chuckled, nudging Vera slightly. Thor smiled, nodding at Wyatt as Vera gave her brother a quick look.

She found herself glancing at Steve. How his eyebrows were furrowed as he took in what everyone was saying.