16: pretend

[requested]

| y/n's pov |

I was reading a book when Beomgyu suddenly entered my room. I glanced at him before turning my attention back to what I was reading.

"What do you want?" I asked calmly even though I was a bit annoyed by his presence. We don't really get along well. We've known each other ever since we were kids because of our parents' close relationship. We tried to get along but we always end up bickering and annoying each other. Our parents don't know that though, they think we're good friends but we're far from that. How can I be friends with him if he's so cold and rude?!

"Our parents are talking about boring business stuff downstairs." He replied. I watched as he sat on my study table and went through my stuff that were placed there neatly, but not anymore because of him!

"Can you fix that please? You're messing it up." I tried to be as nice as possible but he was testing my patience! He looked at me with no emotion before standing up. He walked up to the door and opened it, he was about to leave my room when he turned to look at me.

"I came here because all the business talk downstairs was boring but turns out you're more boring, and take note that I hate business stuff." He rolled his eyes before leaving my room. I felt my face redden in anger. Is it my fault I'm boring?! He's the one who went in here and messed with my stuff, it's not like I asked him to go here! I wanted to shout at him so bad but I can't, I'm too nice.

The next day, Beomgyu and his family came to our house again. They come here a lot! I mean, I have no problem with Mr. and Mrs. Choi, but them being here means Beomgyu will also be here, his presence annoys me so much. I changed into a pink short sleeved silk top paired with a white pencil skirt and white heels before going downstairs. The Choi family are here for a dinner, I don't know what it is for, it was so random.

The elders were already in the dining room, Beomgyu was sitting on the couch. He stood up when he saw me going down the stairs.

"Why are you so slow?" He looked annoyed, as usual.

"I didn't ask you to wait for me." I said as we walked to the dining room. Why did he even wait for me there?

"My parents told me to wait for you, tsk." He rolled his eyes. Our parents turned to us when we entered the dining room. It was weird how they watched us take our seats with a smile on their faces. Are they alright?

"You look good together, that's perfect." Mrs. Choi suddenly spoke. I looked at her in confusion. What does she mean?

I felt my face blush a little at what she said so I looked down to hide my face. I blush so easily, ugh!

The food came so we started eating. Our parents were talking about business during the dinner as usual.

"Y/n, Beomgyu, there's something we would like to ask for you to do." Dad spoke when we finished eating. Beomgyu and I turned to him as we waited for what he was about to say. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"We need you to pretend to be in a relationship." My eyes widened at what he just said. What? Pretend?! To be in a relationship?! With Beomgyu?!!

"Excuse me, sir? Did I hear that right? Pretend to be in a relationship?" Beomgyu asked, shocked. His mother pursed her lips before smiling apologetically at her son.

"Yes, dear. You know we have a lot of 'friends' in the business world, right? A lot of them marry their children to their business partners and brag about it. You know our pride can't handle that. Don't worry, you just have to pretend, this is not an arranged marriage." His mother explained. Beomgyu's eyebrows furrowed before sighing.