12: arranged (pt. 1)

[requested]

| y/n |

"You're engaged to Beomgyu? Choi Beomgyu?!" Chaeryeong looked at me with wide eyes while sipping on her boba milk tea. I just spilled the tea, you know? Aha.

I smacked her on the shoulder and glared at her. I looked around the school's plaza to check if someone heard Chaeryeong. I sighed in relief when no one was looking at us."Keep it down! People might hear you." I rolled my eyes at her and drank my mango smoothie but almost choked on it when someone spoke from behind me.

"Isn't that what you want? For people to know that we're engaged so you can get attention?" I turned to look at Beomgyu who was now standing in front of our table. He scoffed and looked at me with annoyance.

"What do you mean? I didn't say I wanted attention–" He chuckled sarcastically and looked away while pursing his lips, clearly annoyed.

"Really? You kept bothering me in school ever since we were introduced by our families. You know I'm popular, I bet you're happy that our families arranged us in this stupid marriage so you'll get the attention you've been wanting so bad." He rolled his eyes and walked away. My jaw dropped at what he just said.

"Wow, your parents chose a really nice guy for you to marry." Chaeryeong shook her head in disbelief. I just sat there still shocked at his attitude towards me, as if he wasn't always like that to me.

"Does he always treat you like that? He's such a jerk. Do you want my mom to talk to your parents about this? Our parents are good friends, maybe they can stop this–" I shook my head and smiled at her.

"It's alright. Nothing can change their mind anyway." I sighed and sipped on my smoothie.

I knew Beomgyu because he's really popular in our school. But I was sure he didn't know of my existence at all until our parents introduced us to each other on my 19th birthday party. My parents told me to get on good terms with Beomgyu, I didn't know why they asked me to but I still obeyed them and tried to be friends with him. But he just kept on being rude to me even though I was nothing but nice to him.

Ugh! Just because I'm trying to get along with him, doesn't mean I'm doing it to take advantage of his popularity!

"What are you doing here?" I placed the paper bag on the bedside table and looked at Beomgyu who was lying on his bed while scrolling through his phone. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Mom told me to give you this." I pointed at the paper bag I brought. He looked at the paper bag before returning his gaze to me.

"Why do you have to be the one giving that to me. She can ask one of your helpers or something." He rolled his eyes and sat up.

"I don't know." I shrugged. I watched as he checked what was inside the paper bag. He turned to look at me and raised his eyebrows.

"What are you still doing here? Leave." I frowned at what he said. Why is he so rude?

"Why are you so rude to me? I didn't do anything wrong to you. My parents just told me to try to get along with you and I just obeyed like the good daughter that I am. I didn't do it because I wanted to take advantage of your popularity. I was always nice to you and I never treated you badly. So stop being a jerk." I rolled my eyes, trying to act tough. But I was trying not to cry, I'm a sensitive person and I cry easily. I didn't really expect to kind of burst out to him like that, I guess I got a little fed up.

I thought I saw concern in his eyes but it quickly turned cold. He stood up and walked up to me. His eyes cold.

"Look. Just leave." His voice was almost like a whisper. He turned away and lay back on his bed. I wiped the tears I didn't notice that fell before leaving his house.

It was friday when my mom came in my room while I was reading a book. I glanced at her before continuing what I was doing.

"Yes, mom?" I asked. She went and sat on the side of my bed.

"How are you and Beomgyu? Are you getting along well?" She asked. I didn't know if she was concerned for me or for my relationship with Beomgyu. My parents don't always show that they care for my feelings, so I'm not really sure if they really do care about what I feel about certain things. But I do know that they love me.

"Yeah. We're good." Liar.

"That's great. You need to get along well so you won't have any problem when you get married in the future." She smiled and caressed my hair before standing up.

"Oh and, get ready. We're going to have dinner with the Choi family later. Wear something nice." She informed me before leaving my room. I sighed as I stared at the door before getting up to get ready for the dinner.

Great. I'm gonna see that jerk again.

I took a shower and went inside my walk-in closet to pick a dress I'll wear for that stupid dinner.

I chose a beige off shoulder dress that was up to my knees. I curled the ends of my hair and wore my white stilettos.

We had dinner at some fancy restaurant, I was just quiet the whole time and only spoke when someone talked to me. Beomgyu was sitting in front of me so it was hard to avoid looking at him.

"The wedding will be held next year, when you're both twenty years old." Beomgyu's father suddenly brought up. I looked at him in shock but immediately composed myself and nodded. I didn't expect it to be so soon.

I glanced at Beomgyu to see his reaction, I was surprised to see that he was looking at me but he quickly looked away. He was just looking down and stayed silent.

After the dinner, we bid goodbye to the Choi family and walked to our car. I was about to follow my parents when Beomgyu tapped me on the shoulder. I looked at him and raised my brow in confusion.

"You're okay with this?" He asked, his brows furrowing. I was confused for a second but then realized what he meant.

"Well, we can't do anything about it. I'll just...go with the flow, I guess?" I wasn't sure what to say because I never really thought about what would happen if we were really to get married.

"Go with the flow? You know this is serious, right? We will actually get married a year from now and live together for the rest of our lives, when we don't even like each other, this is okay for you? Is it okay for you to live like that? To be with someone you barely know and not be able to date the person you really like?" He sounded like he was concerned but I just ignored that thought.

"I never really thought about it. But like what I said, I can't do anything about it. I have to obey my parents. And I don't really like someone right now to think about dating, so it's alright, I guess." I answered honestly. I lied about one thing, though.

He just nodded slowly, it's like he didn't like my answer. I went to our car after Beomgyu left. I slept late that night, thinking about my future.

What will be marrying Choi Beomgyu be like?

Will it be a living hell or is it not that bad as I think it would be?

| a/n |

There will be a part 2 because this would be really long if I fit it in one part :> I'll update the part 2 tomorrow because it's already 12am here and I'm trying to not sleep that late so I'll be sleeping after updating this one, I guess. :)

BTW STREAM CYSM AND PUMA, OUR BOYS HAVE WORKED SO HARD, LET'S PAY THEM BACK.

Anyways I love TXT so much, I wanna give them all the love and protect them from all harm💗

Thank you so much for reading!!