13: arranged (pt. 2)

[requested]

| beomgyu's pov |

"Beomgyu, this is Y/n." My mother introduced me to the girl in front of me. It's her 19th birthday, my parents forced me to attend her birthday party.

"Hey. Happy Birthday." I simply said before giving her a forced smile.

They didn't have to introduce her to me, though. Because I already know her, we study in the same university. And I've always known her because she caught my attention before.

"Y/n! They have almond milk! But there's only one left though." I was walking to the cafeteria with Soobin when I heard the girl's loud voice. Did she really have to shout?

"What? Go! Stand in line for me!" I heard another girl shout back, I guess her name is Y/n?

The other girl nodded and ran to save a place for her friend in the line. I turned to Soobin when he suddenly gasped.

"What? There's no more almond milk! That girl's going to get the last one!" He pouted while whining like a kid. I watched as the girl named Y/n ran to her friend who was waiting for her in the line. I don't know why I was watching her, it's just that her smile was really pretty, and not just her smile, she herself was pretty too.

So, Y/n, huh?

"We're planning to arrange a marriage for you and Y/n." I looked at my father in shock.

Marriage? What?

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Y/n's parents are our business partners, and we agreed to marry both of our kids to each other."

I still can't believe that they would control my life just like that! But I was a bit relieved that it was Y/n they're marrying me off to.

I don't know but I kinda like her, I guess. She's pretty and nice. But I'm not really sure what she thinks of me.

I was confused when she started to talk to me in school.

"Hey, Beomgyu! I baked cupcakes for you!" She handed me a rectangular box containing the cupcakes she said she baked. I stared at the box of cupcakes before looking back at her.

Why is she doing this? Does she know about the arranged marriage thing already?

She was acting so nice to me but I can't help but think that maybe she wasn't being genuine. I've encountered a lot of people that wanted to be friends with me, or so I thought. They were actually just trying to be friends with me because I was popular. It's like they were using me for clout.

Because of that thought, I started to hate Y/n. I feel guilty for hating such a sweet girl like her but I can't let fake people enter my life anymore. Soobin and our other friends are enough for me, they're the only ones that I know are genuine.

I tried so hard to be rude and cold to her so she would try to talk to her parents and stop the marriage but she didn't do anything.

"I'll just...go with the flow, I guess?"

I didn't expect her to just accept the fact that we're actually going to get married. She doesn't even know me that well! I don't want her to be forced to marry someone for business. I want her to be free to date whoever she likes and live a life without anyone controlling her.

But she said she doesn't like anyone right now to even think about dating. But still! It would be unfair to her.

It was not long until I felt weird feelings for her. I knew this was going to happen. But you know what? I'll just let my heart win for once, I hope I won't get hurt.

| y/n's pov |

Our parents bought a house for Beomgyu and I to stay in. I was shocked at first but realized it was necessary, so we would get used to it.

"Beomgyu, let's have dinner together." I entered Beomgyu's room and saw him sitting on his study table, studying, obviously. He glanced at me before closing the textbook he was reading. He stood up and followed me to the dining area. We ate quietly, as usual. We never really talk when we eat together. It was awkward at first but I got used to the silence.

It's thursday and I'm just chilling in the living room when Beomgyu entered the house soaking wet.

"What happened to you?" I asked and immediately got a towel from the bathroom and gave it to Beomgyu. I peeked outside and saw that it was raining. I guess he didn't have an umbrella, stupid, didn't he check the weather forecast for today?

And as expected, he caught a cold the next morning. I decided not to go to school today so I can take care of Beomgyu.

I was feeding him soup when he suddenly held my wrist to stop me. I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Why are you doing this?" My eyes widened, I put down the bowl of soup on my lap before looking at him.

"What do you mean?"

He sighed before leaning on the headboard of the bed and looked at me.

"Why are you taking care of a jerk like me? You shouldn't be nice to me, I was nothing but rude to you. And you have school, you can't miss your lessons." I rolled my eyes at him.

"I need to take care of you, my fiancé. I can't go to school leaving you here sick." I explained and tried to feed him again but he stopped me.

"I can eat on my own." I didn't listen and shoved the spoon in his mouth. I laughed when he glared at me. He looked so cute!

"If you don't stop, I'm gonna fall for you harder." I heard him mutter. He said it in a really low voice but I still understood it.

"W-what?" My eyes widened. I could feel my heart beating so fast. What the fudge was that?

"I like you. Please stop being so nice or I'll just like you even more." He confessed, looking down on his lap.

"I like you too..." I blurted out my feelings. My eyes widened as I covered my mouth in shock. It's been a few days since I realized that I actually like him. But why did I say that out loud?!

I saw how Beomgyu's eyes widened a bit before a smirk formed on his lips.

"I guess we won't have any problem with the marriage then?" He tilted his head to the left and looked at me, the smirk turning into a wide smile.

Should I call my parents to speed up the wedding preparations?

| a/n |

Hello! I'm sorry it took long for me to publish this part. I was in the middle of writing this when the ASC live with TXT started so I had to watch it first.

Anyways, here's part 2 of 'arranged'! 💗