○ one. if only

○ ➔ Means that there's no letter.
● ➔ Means that there's a letter.

A BROWN BLUR HASTILY RUSHED PAST THE DOCTORS AND NURSES WHO ARE STOPPING HER. Her classmates lingered behind her with worried faces and frightened eyes. They're scared, who wouldn't? They got news that their classmates, who are in hero studies, are involved in some big mission with some of the pros, counting their homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shota. He trailed behind as well but in a regular pace, knowing the outcome already. He saw it, but his students haven't.

Will they be greeted with you with serious injuries like Midoriya back at summer camp? Will they see multiple doctors rushing to treat your slowly-dying body? Or will they see your shining (e/c) eyes as you nervously smile at them, telling them that everything will be alright. Of course they'd choose the latter. She'd want to pick the last one. Ochaco wants you to be sitting up, relaxing back in bed while looking around, literally bored out of your mind. And even if you didn't talk to her, even if you didn't even look at her, seeing you fine is what matters the most to her.

When your room number was in their line of sight, it made the brunette and your classmates slow down. Her heart raced in pure anticipation. She hasn't seen you since the mission, heck, she even saw Deku. The doctors told them that you weren't allowed to have visitors yet and it's been days since it was announced. She doesn't know what's behind the doors, but she's hoping to see you well, treated and alive. 'God, please let her be okay...'

Time stopped. The air tensing and their minds blank. Their hopes are crushed, and even Todoroki grimaces at you. You weren't sitting up straight and playing coy. You weren't looking around in a bored way. You didn't turn to them with surprised (e/c) eyes, waving at them in a cheerful way like you always do. No. It had to be a dream, most of them thought.

But this is reality.

Instead of sitting, you laid on the bed, unmoving, multiple cords attached in various places with a heart monitor beeping unnaturally slow. An oxygen mask helped you breath with two tanks beside your bed. The bandages on your arms and neck are red, dried blood on it. There is a cast on your entire left leg and bruises are evident on your shockingly pale face. Your head was almost covered in bandages, mostly your forehead that was dried of blood. If it weren't for the heart monitor, they would've guessed that you're already dead. It was little but it made Mina sigh in relief when she saw your chest heave upwards lightly every three seconds or so. You're still alive, but barely.

"She's in a coma, is what the doctors informed me yesterday." They winced at the icy tone Aizawa spat. He sighed, stiffly straightening himself before he continued.

"Multiple broken bones and an unbelievable amount of teared muscle fibers. She was impaled three times, near the heart, her left leg and neck. Her ribcages are broken and managed to hit a lung and it made her hard to breathe. A bullet shot to her hip. A concussion and severe internal bleeding. With her quirk..." The blackette halts himself before going further. The class knew what he was going to say next. It was destroyed. Gone. Just like the third year, Mirio Togata. If only it was there, then you would've been fine, right-

"... Even with her quirk, she is too damaged. Her whole body would automatically shut down than heal." Aizawa was speaking the truth, but it felt like he slapped them harshly. Some of them don't believe it, the quirk. Your quirk. It had something to do with light, and with enough sunlight, you'd be good as new. But in this case, you look pale and dull, not the usual glowing with the help of your quirk. It made them speechless, this is not happening.

The girls had tears in their eyes while the boys just had grim and worried expressions. Four of them were frustrated. They couldn't do anything. Nothing. They were useless. They were battling some low-life villains and you are battling the head of Shie Hassaikai with Mirio. You and him got ahead of the group, decided to rescue Eri quickly before it got too violent, oh how wrong you were. You both held your ground, battling some Yakuza before you got to Eri. Being faster than Mirio, you mostly took the shots, ignoring the pain and let your quirk heal a bit. But it was dark, there was no sunlight and it made it worse, still, you continued defending and taking the shots and let him battle Chisaki without worry. Doing so, made you lose your quirk and be left in a critical state than Mirio ever was.

Possibly, the last time you talked to them was the day before the mission. You all were at the dorms with the dining area filled with confetti, streamers and various deserts and with you celebrating your birthday. For Midoriya, the last words you told him made him determined.

"I leave Eri to you, Izuku! I trust her to you! Now go, be a hero to the kid!"

For Kirishima, it made him motivated.

"He's holding his ground and sacrificing his energy to a crying girl in need of rescuing. He's doing this for the mission and so should we! Surpass your limits! Go beyond! PLUS ULTRA!!"

For Tsuyu, it made her scared yet filled with trust.

"Get everyone out! Tsuyu, you can handle this, it's just a few police and heroes that can get caught up with Izuku's fight. Trust me, you can do this!"

And for Ochaco, god, she didn't want to remember. You were smiling, blood slowly making you choke but you still said it.

"I know I scare you and I know you want to help, but please, save Sir Nighteye first. You know I'm not going down that easily, and this is nothing, with my quirk, I can heal in no time. I love you, Ochaco, but I'm still not done with my duties. So go up there and leave me be, I'll join you soon."

She didn't know you were dying. She didn't know that you lost your quirk. She didn't know what to do. She could just helped you and Nighteye with her quirk, it would be so faster! But she still listened to your words because after everything, she still trusts you! She knows what you're capable of and how you handle things so calmly and maturely, like you had experienced it before and it comes to you naturally. You weren't the one to take risks, not even a single bit. You keep yourself level-headed and be confident that you can handle the situation like a pro hero.

If only things were dealt like your way... so smooth, calmly, maturely and rational... then everything would be fine and pristine.

But they weren't you.

They aren't a class leader like you.

.

.

.

// Oof! A bad start there, reader. But still, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Edit: I changed the note since I think I know my writing style now. Hope you'd all like it though! My style and the chapter, of course!

Vote and Comment if you like it!

Follow me to see more stories and updates!

Stay awesome!

Until next time!