dear best friend.

Unnerving and erie silence spread across the room like wildfire. Her rapidly beating heart, short yet shaky breaths are the only thing she hears in your deathly silent room. What was supposed to be filled with luminous bright colors and laugh, was replaced with melancholy, dread, and despairing silence.

It was faint, and she might be going crazy because of this, but she can hear your laughter bounce around the room like balls. She waited with shaking shoulders for you to engulf her in a hug with your booming and boisterous laughter.

But she knows that she couldn't-- shouldn't, even, because it wasn't possible. It physically pains her to just think of it. To think of what happened to you and how you got yourself in a situation like that. Getting injured in a mission like the others-- she knows you're reckless, dumb, ignorant and lax, but it was the downside of your optimistic, brave and determined self. You were to blame, she tries to say-- but it was near impossible, seeing as you never were-- or ever will be to blame. You just have that feeling... That radiating innocence and it might be the reason why she thinks that way of you.

Releasing a short yet undoubtedly shaky breath, she grabbed the only visible notebook in sight-- the only one that you'd leave in your room, wide open and laying on the bed. She knows that you love to write in a comfortable spot-- that being your bed. It smelled intoxicatingly addicting, but she refrained from doing that, only doing what she was meant to do in your room in the first place.

Her pink hand delicately touched the smooth texture of your notebook, as it were to break like fragile glass. It was one of the only things that remind her of you-- and it is since there wasn't a day that you didn't have that notebook with you.

On the first page was your handwriting, cursive and clean as always.

Dear Best Friend,

I have no right to be anywhere near you, and I understand that. I hurt you in so many indescribable ways, and I wish I can take it all back. The ignoring, the avoiding... I just want to erase that memory of seeing you crying because of me out of my head. Like a broken record, it burned and haunted me in my mind repeatedly without rest.

I couldn't eat properly without wanting to throw up. I couldn't sleep sounding without wanted to scream upon remembering the broken tone in your voice. I couldn't relax upon feeling the same pain on my cheek, the one that you slapped me back due to my idiocy.

I know you won't see this, nor hear me out when I say it... But I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ignoring you and avoiding you the past month. I'm sorry for not giving you the attention and love you deserve. I'm sorry for every unbearable pain I caused you because of my selfish needs. And as bad as it may sound to you or to the others, I'm sorry for giving in and having the biggest mistake and regret in my life.

Ochaco Uraraka, I'm sorry for falling in love with you!

- xx.xx.xx

As her breath hitched at the last part, the pinkette swore her heart stopped completely. Her golden eyes shrunk as realization dawned on her.

Was I ignorant as well?

Soft, pained chuckles came after thinking it, agreeing with her own mental thought as the tears poured out at last. She held it in for so long-- but she didn't expect a waterfall of it to come.

It soaked the intoxicating-scented sheets, shoulders shaking and figure trembling. She wanted it to stop-- everything. She wanted everything to stop and just end.

But how could it when the letter in your notebook sais that you're in love with you best friend-- which is Ochaco Uraraka? She had high hopes-- thinking that it was her...

But it wasn't...

And it was her.

Before everything that happened, you were always with her. When she was down you were there to pick Ochaco up. When she was hurt, you were there to heal her. When she was sad, you did everything just for her to have that smile you always adored-- she can see it in your eyes. The way in shone brightly like the illuminating sun-- everytime you look at her. Your smile is so soft, so gentle--

Sometimes, she wished that you looked and smiled at her like that.

"...Mina?"

She froze, heart dropping at the deepest pit of her stomach, with her breath hitching as she looks behind her. Her eyes immediately held annoyance, frustration, yet pity and sadness. She wasn't sure what to truly say... or if she should say anything, actually.

"Uraraka..." Mina pursed her lips, brows furrowing together. "I--"

Before she could continue, Kaminari came in and stopped the pinkette. He panted, cold sweat forming on his forehead. "M-Mina-- Uraraka!" he yelled, catching both girls by surprise. Yet hope filled their hearts and shone in their eyes. "Mr. Aizawa-- h-he said-- we can finally visit her--"

Her heart thumped at his next words.

"Y/n! We can finally see Y/n!"

- this is horrible
but i'll have to
edit this again.