Chapter 10

"Will he be okay?" asked Nagisa concerned while looking at his friend laying on the hospital bed still unconscious.

Kuroko was moved to a private room, as per Midorima's orders and was attached to an IV dtip. At this time, the sun had already set and the bluenette stil hasn't shown any signs of waking up anytime soon.

Midorima who took responsibilty over Kuroko did not leave the latter for a minute since he found him. "He will be, don't worry." He reassured without sparring a glance to Nagisa.

Nagisa scrutinized the said doctor, having a strange feeling in his gut. "Are you accquainted with Kuroko-kun?" Asked the long-awaited question.

The doctor didnt react to the question in any way, obviously not wanting to answer the questiom.

"As one of Japan's best doctor, you could be treating other patients with more severe cases, instead of treating a patient who fainted from fatigue and dehydration." Nagisa exclaimed.

When he went out to answer his boyfriend's call, he was bombarded with questions from the flustered nurses nearby. Asking if he knew the green head or if they have met before. Baffled, Nagisa extracted bits of information about Midorima from the nurses. Including his name and position in the hospital.

Sharp blue eyes gazed at the doctor as he continued, "You also see quite close and fond of him." Nagisa was worried about his friend, its clear as day that Kuroko wasn't in his best shape lately and he doesnt want Kuroko to deal with another problem.

Swiftly turning around to face the speaker, Midorima maintained a cool composure and pushed up his glasses. "We are simply old friends from middle school. I'm not sure what you're thinking, but I bear no ill intentions towards Kuroko." he asserted.

Nagisa felt somewhat unsatisfied with his answer and was about to retaliate when a nurse opened the door to the room, informing the latter that visiting hours are almost over. Since Kuroko still hasn't woken up, the hospital suggested he stay overnight in order to monitor his conditions.

Sighing, Nagisa turned back to look at Kuroko and immediately looked at Midorima. "I will visit him again tomorrow." Although the blue haired teacher didn't seem to like Midorima, he felt like he could trust the latter in taking care of his friend.

Once Nagisa left the room, the doctor ran his fingers through his green hair and looked down at the pale figure on the bed. Never would he have thought that this was how they would meet after all these years. A sense of guilt and wanting to protect waved through him. This time, he won't lose the chance.

Midorima's phone vibrated and he amswered the call. Exchanging some words over the phone, he then turned it off. He was called for an emergency surgery downstairs and had to leave. Quickly textng something on his phone and sending the message, he walked towards the door, looking back once more towards Kuroko before quietly leaving.

~●~●~●~●~

Kagami let out a loud yawn as he tiredly walked home from work. It was already 11pm and the streets are already empty, aside from the cars passing by occasionally.

Grabbing his phone out of his jacket pocket, Kagami skimmed through the notifications to find any messages from Kuroko. Well its not like he was expecting any, he just felt like somethjng was wrong. But then again it could just be his imagination.

"Hey." A deep voice called out from in front of the latter.

Kagami stopped in his tracks and looked up to meet eye to eye with a tall tanned man with dark blue hair and sharp blue eyes. Lifting an eyebrow, Kagmi starred at the man questioningly "Huh? Who the hell are you?"

Sighing and scratching the back of his head, the man frustratingly said "Can't you tell?"

Kagami starred at him trying to recall meeting this guy at all. The dark blue haired guy snapped at him, "Are you stupid?! You punched me right in the face the other day and you forgot?!" A tick formed on his forehead as he yelled at Kagami.

Kagami flinched as he was dragged out of his deep thoughts and countered "If some random guy just comes up and starts screaming at you wouldnt you want to punch them, huh?!"

Irritated, the man just marched up to Kagami angrily "Whatever! I just need this!" In a swift motion, he grabbed the phone out of Kagami's hand and starts fiddling through it.

Kagami stood there confused, not realizing what had just happened. When he came back to his senses he tried to grab the phone out of his hand. "What the hell are you doing?! Give it back!"

The tanned guy simply dodged and avoided Kagami's attemps to snatch the phone back with no effort, eyes not leaving the lit phone screen. He also took out his own phone and started typing something in it while looking at Kagami's phone.

"You bastard, who even are you?!" Kagami huffed in distress, as the man briskly moved out of his reach. 'How can he move so fast?! He's not even looking at me' The red head thought to himself in disbelief.

The man pocketted his own phone and tossed Kagami's back to him. "Here." He quickly caught it before it could fall to tbe ground.

The blue haired man grunted and put both his hands in his jacket pockets. Turning away, he proceeded to walk towards the opposite direction withoit sparing a second glance. "The name's Aomine."

"Hah? Wait-!" In a flash, he was gone, disappearing into the dimly lit streets. Sounds of crickets was heard in the air as Kagami tried to come into grasp as to what just happened.

________________________________________

Author's Note

Im disappointed in this chapter, its kind of dragging and theres nothing much happening in here. I didnt want to publish it at first, Its like a filler lol. But I feel like its still a necessity, to get all the feelings across.

Ive been trying to read and watch some of KnB scenes to grasp their characters again, so forgive me if they seem OOC here.Since im writing about the GoM all together, I want to make sure they all get to show their feelings and have their moments, if I dont it will look rushed.

Hope you like it anyways <3 See you next time!