My soaked pants had by now inundated the couch covers and a squeaky sound was made whenever I squirmed. Taking this as a cue for me to change into more comfortable clothes (of Jungkook) I decided to get up but random click-clacking by the window magnetized my attention instantly.

"Oh good! Hailstorm!" My eyes roll involuntarily. "Why don't you just point a finger at me and laugh?" I scream sarcasticly at the weather.

Just then through the window I saw a pointy lightening with a roaring thunder. I roll my eyes again as if the skies replying to me didn't just scare the wits out of me.

I was about to put back Yerin's letter into the unsealed envelope for Kook to read whenever he returns, because I shall never poke into the privacy of two siblings, the addressal grabs my earnestness.

Dear Tae-tae,

Yes, you read it right. So if this is brother, be a gentleman and give the letter to Tae-tae.

Hello, Tae! How are you?

Let me first get over with this- 'Joon misses you'. He keeps pestering me to write about him first. He is so irksome sometimes.

Sir Jin visited Arauna first time in two years ever since we got married. I still can't help but wonder why he accepted Darata's offer and left us. Don't tell Joon, but I think may he was afterall a little infatuated with me too and couldn't bear the thought of me marrying Joon even though he practically rejected me twice.

I could be very wrong but I like the way it tingles to fan this fasified assumption.

Anyways, I'm deviating from the issue at hand. The reason it was you I wished read this letter is because I have a news to break to you.

I don't suppose there is a covetted way of saying this. Me and Joon are on family way. Yes, I'm expecting and we could never be more ecstatic. This is also the reason why Sir Jin visited us.

Now I'll have you know that you have to inform brother very very carefully. He has no control over himself when it comes to kids. He was devastated when Jade was left fatherless to an extent that he even offered to marry Trisha dispite having no fascination with her.

He will jump up to visit me and we know that he must not. I promise, Joon and I will visit as soon as Anaya's engagement is dealt with. You handle him till then.

Attached ahead is the recipe you asked me for. Take care.

With all the love,
Yerin and Namjoon.

My sister is getting married and Kook's sister is pregnant. Everything that everyone particularly looks forward to. Getting married, having a child, raising him, watching him grow and reach milestones, growing old.

I'm happy for them. So much so that my heart swells with pride and salutations. Every nerve in my body wishes to bless them with obeisance, if I had the power to. However no matter how much I wish to convince myself otherwise, I know that is not the reason why my eyes are welling up.

Kook and I have nothing. Nothing except the 'growing old'. And when you have no other milestone to look forward to, why must you be even infinitesimally elated about turning senile?

While I may have only benefited in every which way, I can't help but think how this entire ordeal has been nothing but a lost cause for him.

I start to sink into the couch sideways, laying curled up to bring my drenched cold legs up to the warmth of my dry chest.

My bun has unwhirled itself and now my hair is sprawled beneath my face where drop by drop the vexatious tears flow down and absorb diligently into the black locks. So much for not getting the hair wet.