11. Obsession never led to pretty

Yerin hastily carded her way on the first floor pushing and propulsing through sweaty bodies and equally eager ungroomed faces. She smiled proudly as she finally screwed her way out of the encompassing crowd towards the edge of the balcony made for the servants who wished to bystand a ceremony in the ballroom below.

She was so elated at this mirthful event that she never thought she would witness. She has the prince to thank for this, who by the way, looked jaw droppingly handsome this moment.

What an angel.

Her eyes searched eagerly and it was not long when she finally spotted her brother standing at the base of the podium, among the other important people of the palace, smiling warmly at the prince who was looking down.

You've come a long way, brother. I wish he knocks some sense into you.

Her eyes then landed on the handsome man pointing apacedly at a servant directing him something.With a built like so, if he wished he could easily pass for a knight, she thought. However his unparalleled wisdom about something like cooking stupidly considered a feminine activity, is what made him stand out.
She smiled involuntarily.

But was broken out of the trance when the King's voice boomed loud.

"Let the hall ring with your accolades as I now finally present my second son, Kim Taehyung, with his crown rendering him all alliances of the kingdom of Arauna and an official title in the mortgage alongside my elder son. I hope you make me proud, son."

Before she could let her hands meet in the middle for a loud clap, they seized in the air as her eyes landed on the crown.

Oh no! Oh no no!

She tuned out the king's explanation as her eyes only gaped at her brother who stood there frozen, pale and aghast.

"Good. Atleast they realize he is a princess. Just born with a silver spoon!" her ears caught someone announcing. She let her vision follow the voices to find two women, one serving the princess and the other from cleaners. "He is indeed as useless as a woman!"

"Have you no shame insulting not only a royal but also yourself?" She couldn't help herself from retorting back.

"And who are you, young lady?"

"Someone who knows respect, old ladies." Yerin spat before looking back only to find Taehyung gone and Jungkook making his way out of the ballroom towards the main gate.

Without further-a-do she spurt through the crowds again to seemingly get out, delayed by two loud cooks who were blocking the way. "Move!" she spat at them pushing harshly their pot bellies that they wouldn't move for the love of god.

She sprinted through the hallways. Just when she was about to turn the corner for the staircase, someone called her name making her eyes roll a 360 degrees.

She turned agitated, finding that it was the quirky culinarian with cute dimples who wouldn't leave her alone all day, jogging towards her. "Yerin-ssi you look in a hurry."

"Virtue of me being in a hurry." she stated matter-of-factly and was about to turn back when the other called again.

Ughh.. Get a hint.

"Just a minute please. I wished to ask you something." the said boy started fidgeting with his fingers looking down with a dust of pink on his cheeks. It may have been a cute sight if she wasn't hankering to run and get to her brother who looked like he may explode any moment "Can you please hurry, Namjoon-ssi?"

"Uh..yes.. I was.. I was wondering.. umm.. if.. youcouldhavelunchwithmetomorrow. Please?"

"Yeah okay. See you."

Namjoon waved excitedly to the back of the girl turning smaller and smaller till it disappeared below the stairs at a phenomenal speed. "Jiwa's sister is adorable."

*****

"Brother! Wait! Brother!" Yerin sprinted towards the main gate where her brother halted on hearing.

"Do not call me that here. We have a cover you must not blow."

"Sorry. Where are you leaving to?" she panted resting her hands on knees bending down to refill her lungs.

"Somewhere. I'm in no mood for a talk, Yerin." vexation laced in every word.

Yerin panicked when he started to walk again so she held onto his wrist.
"You can lash out on me as much as you wish to, just don't do anything capricious. Look, we will find a way. Please don't loose hope if the crown is gone. There must be some other policy you will acertain in no time-"

"Whoa.. What do you mean 'the crown is gone'? I just found it."

"What are you-"

"Taehyung has what I wish for. And I do not fail in taking what I wish for." the menacing smile the made it's way on jungkook's face caused Yerin to shiver.

"Have you gone crazed? They will exile him for misplacing the historical crown!"

"Yeah? What a pity."

"He trusts you! What is this bizarre obsession for something that is certainly going to be fruitless?"

"One, he shouldn't have trusted me. Even after I told him what I do? Tsk, fool. And two, one more time you speak ill about mother, I will not hold myself back!" Jungkook scowled at her sister making her cowar internally despite the brave act she was putting forth.

"If you happen to break his heart, I will detest you for the rest of my life. I reckon you will then have only a forever-sick mother as your family, brother." The small girl challenged bitterly looking eye to eye with the man towering about a feet above her.

A little substance of hurt flashed in his eyes but in a jiffy it was gone, replaced by the unhinged scary smirk. "Very well then."

And with these senseless last words, he was out of the palace.

Yerin was right. He had indeed gone crazed.

===============================

Double update with a shortie.

Next chapter is going to be super intense so I wanted to be over with this.

Please tell me if you like where this is going.

Bye bye