25. Lost boy from Neverland

[Recommended Song- Lost boy (Ruth-B)]

It was dark.

Three out of the four candlesticks that Jongha had placed in the 'room' had burnt out just like his spirit while the fourth, gripped in his hand, now looked back at him mockingly with a smirking flame.

When they said 'isolated dungeon' they indeed meant 'isolated'. The one with door constructed with bricks instead of bars. One with walls so cold that it had seeped deep into the prince's bone marrow and released with every pump of blood from his heart, much to the comfort of his frozen soul.

Kim Songdae had established to detonate explosions to crack this new found tenacity of Taehyung's.

He wished to permeate into every crevice of confidence of the prince and revamp him back into the timid boy who passed out in the dungeon his first night and gave his word to quietly concur to each of their demands only in exchange of his freedom.

A superior sort of servant, if you may.

Ofcourse he was scared of the dark. Ghostly apparitions phantom his head when he finds himself besieged in the blanket of obsidian black.
That was however the case when he had a weak heart. He doesn't have one at all now.

A certain dirty blonde headed male who was dragged out of the hall in a barren state like a rag doll took his heart along with him. That was his theft of the day.

The boy curled up into a pile at one corner of the cursed room couldn't vision how he lived before the thief came along. He didn't wish to vision it either.

His vision was only inundated with the most compelling words of the eloquent male. His eloquent male.

The worst thing you could do to your book, my love, is tear off it's pages. To crumple and discard them before you even experience what it beholds.

It never occurred to him what may actually happen if he stands up for himself. What if he finds a home in himself? What if..

Before you are mine, I want you to be yours.

Chanting this, he concieves that no matter what the fate's ink has fonted on the journal of his life, he shall not tear the pages.

Tomorrow when he fronts the brute demon, he will asail for his integrity.
He will be his own.

*******

"Your majesty." the man bowing at the door reaps the attention of all the heads previously engrossed in a rather irascible discussion.

Around the assembly table seated were the King, the first prince, The army General and his two trusted Leutinents conferencing to somehow obscure the news of Taehyung's run-away from the King who was to arrive the next morning.

"My apologies for intervening. I come here to present the information that I concocted about the convict we bailed. Jeon Jungkook."

"Proceed." Yoongi brandished a hand monotonously. Hoseok's ears perked up through his well slicked-back hair.

"Sir. The boy did not falsify about his family. He is indeed married to a woman named Jeon Trisha and has a son, about the age of four, with her."

The sound of Hoseok's gasp was not discreet to say the least. To conceal it with a fibbing gesture, he feigned coughing violently to which Yoongi pushed his glass of water towards him with a knowing eye and a raised brow.

"What is noteworthy, however, is that he also happens to have a sister who has a separate cottage of own besides the woods. We raided the cottage, the girl was not found."