Chapter 8: Dragonshy

Start from the beginning

(Y/N): You heard her girls! It's time to save Equestria again! Do we have what it takes?

The rest of the Mane 7. . . except for one were motivated by (Y/N)'s resolve.

Mane 6 (except Fluttershy): Yes we are!

(Y/N): Great! Let's do this!

The girls except for Fluttershy run out of the library to get supplies. (Y/N) was about to follow until he saw Fluttershy with a nervous look and he walked up to her.

(Y/N): Is everything okay, Fluttershy?

Fluttershy was very reluctant to speak until (Y/N) put his hoof around her making Fluttershy look at him.

(Y/N): Don't worry Fluttershy, I can tell you're probably scared and nervous about facing a dragon. Don't worry though, as long as I'm around I won't let anything happen to you.

Fluttershy smiled and blushed a little at that, despite the lingering doubt she felt.

An hour later, the Mane 7 meet back to discuss the plan on how to get up the mountain as Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Twilight, and (Y/N) packed bags for themselves.

Twilight Sparkle: All right everypony, listen up. I'm mapping out the fastest route, but we've all got to keep a good pace if we expect to make it up the mountain by nightfall.

(Y/N): Meaning we've got only six hours to get the dragon out of the cave.

Fluttershy: M-M-Mountain?

Twilight Sparkle: The dragon is in that cave at the very top.

(Y/N): The peak of the mountain and the coldest part of it.

Applejack: Yep. Definitely looks pretty cold up there.

Rainbow Dash: You bet it is. The higher you go, the chillier it gets.

Rarity: Good thing I brought my scarf.

Rarity then pulls out of her bag a pink and white striped scarf and folded it around her neck.

Pinkie Pie: Ooo! Pretty!

Rainbow Dash: *sarcastically* Heh, oh yeah. That'll keep you nice and cozy.

Fluttershy then gulps and shivers which (Y/N) noticed.

(Y/N): Fluttershy, you alright?

Fluttershy: Well um. . . it's just that. . . I'm. . . I'm. . . can I talk to you for a second (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Sure thing.

(Y/N) and Fluttershy walked a little bit away from the others for Fluttershy to speak to (Y/N) privately.

(Y/N): So is there a problem?

Fluttershy: Will you promise that you won't laugh at me when I tell you this?

(Y/N): I wouldn't laugh at "anything" personal about you Fluttershy.

Fluttershy: I. . . I'm. . . I'm scared to up there and face that dragon.

(Y/N): You are?

Fluttershy: I'm good with woodland animals and other types of creatures, but I can't go up against a dragon, it's too scary for me.

(Y/N): Okay, I see. I'll go tell the others and. . .

Fluttershy: No!

(Y/N) was just about to walk away until Fluttershy hugged him to stop.