Please forgive me (Part II)

Start from the beginning

   "It still feels like our first night together
Feels like the first kiss..."

David shifted slightly in his chair, suddenly acutely aware of his friends' questioning gazes.

It was true, David and Natalie had been each other's first kiss. They were going to a party in freshman year where one of the activities was to be spin the bottle. They decided to kiss for practice.

   "It's getting better baby
No one can better this
Still holding on
You're still the one"

David was starting to sweat a little from nervousness.

   "First time our eyes met"

'It was magical,' David thought.

   "Same feeling I get
Only feels much stronger
I want to love you longer
Do you still turn the fire on?
So if you're feeling lonely, don't
You're the only one I'll ever want
I only want to make it good
So if I love you, a little more than I should"

David was shocked. Secretly, he did like her as more than a friend. Was it love? He did not know, but he did like her.
However, he was not sure if Natalie was being serious, or whether she only loved him platonically.

   "Please forgive me, I know not what I do
Please forgive me, I can't stop loving you
Don't deny me, this pain I'm going through
Please forgive me, if I need you like I do
Please believe me, every word I say is true
Please forgive me, I can't stop loving you"

Natalie was slowly starting to become more and more emotional as she sang.

   "Still feels like our best times are together
Feels like the first touch
We're still getting closer baby
Can't get closer enough
Still holding on
You're still number one
I remember the smell of your skin
I remember everything
I remember all your moves
I remember you yeah
I remember the nights, you know I still do
So if you're feeling lonely, don't
You're the only one I'll ever want
I only want to make it good
So if I love you a little more than I should
Please for- forgive me, I know not what I do
P- please forgive *sob* me—"

Natalie sank to her knees, tears streaming down her cheeks.
She tried. She really did.
However, the raw emotion, and the pressure of singing to an audience by herself for the very first time, was too much for her to bear.

David felt his heart break at the sight of Natalie, in tears on the stage.
He couldn't believe that she would do all that for him.
Right now, he didn't care about their fight.
His protective instinct over Natalie was kicking in.
He just wanted her to be okay.

Before even realizing what he was doing, David got up from his seat and rushed to the stage. He bent down in front of Natalie and took her into his arms.
She was openly sobbing now.

There were murmurs in the crowd as they watched the scene before them unfold.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." Natalie repeated, pressing her face into David's chest.

David shook his head.
"Don't worry about that, I'm sorry too. I should never have said those things to you. You were exhausted and I didn't notice. What kind of a friend am I?" David tightened his hold on her.

"I love you, you know that?"

"What?" Natalie whispered. Her head shot up to look at him.
David nodded, he was starting to cry too. "I've liked you ever since we got back from Rhode Island, I just didn't know whether or not it was love until now. Let's forget what we said during the fight, start over. Just me and you."

Natalie let out a relieved sob/sigh. She lunged forward and kissed him hard on the lips, before pulling away, hugging him as tight she could.

_________

A few hours later, they found themselves in David's bed, basking in each other's warm embrace.

Their social medias were blowing up with the video that the fans at the bar took of them; all but confirming Datalie before the two even got home.
But they didn't care.

"Dave," Natalie started. "I'm so sorry about what I said to you before. I never and would never actually mean it. I know that's not an excuse but—"
David interrupted her with a kiss.

"I know, and I'm sorry too. Tell you what, tomorrow morning, why don't we rework your schedule? We can make sure you have time for your job, me, and especially yourself. How does that sound?"

Natalie nodded.
"I'd love that. And I'll make sure to get you an even better brand deal to make up for the one I cost you, I swear."

David smiled before pulling Natalie even closer to him.
"We'll worry about that some other time. Just rest for now."

They fell asleep in each other's arms, the faint sounds of LA in the distance.