"Hey, I planted evidence. I'm an accessory." I reminded her. "We all are."

"Not me." It was Alex who said this.

I knew where he was coming from. He was the one who pushed the injured Bryce in the river.

"Alex, you know Tyler wouldn't want to hurt you, right?" I said this to remind him of their friendship. "Or any of us."

Alex didn't reply, and just continued looking down at the table.

"With all due respect," Tony said, without even glancing at me. "You don't know him well enough to say that."

How can he say that?

"Actually, I feel like I do." I corrected him. "I mean, us three, we've been hanging out like every night. He's our friend."

"I believe Tyler." Alex stated, as I kind of felt relieved that he was taking Tyler's side too. I didn't wanted to upset him due to anything else. Yesterday's scene was enough.

"So does that mean we do nothing?" Jessica asked, as I tore my eyes away from Alex's cute face.

Shit, I was staring again.

"There's nothing we can do." Zach said something finally, but I don't think it was helpful. "So I say fuck it. Just let it play out. It's out of our hands."

Everyone of us was looking at Zach now, and I'm sure most were actually worried about him. Although, Jessica was clearly more annoyed by him.

"Jesus, Zach, dry out." She said, shaking her head at him, for like the tenth time today.

Zach just shot her a middle finger in reply.

I have great friends.

"Alex, you could talk to your dad." Tony said, looking at Alex. "Get a feel for whether or not the cops actually bought Tyler's story."

Now this was a good idea.

"I could try." Alex answered, shrugging at him.

"You guys, stop." Clay interrupted, as Ani shooked her head. "We can't suddenly be going around asking questions."

"Clay's right." Ani agreed with him. "We have to act normal."

"Everyone needs to stay calm." Clay continued, but everyone knew it was kind of difficult now. "Keep their shit together, and do not do anything stupid. Okay?"

No one answered him, so he continued again.

"Look, Ani and I, we'll handle this."

Let's just hope it's going to be that simple.

It was the end of the discussion, and we all needed to be home for Christmas Eve.

Atleast I needed to be.

Me and Dad always dine together on such holidays. It was kind of an annual thing for us, which started after Mom died.

Everyone started to leave, except Jessica and Justin. I think they wanted some time together. Clay and Ani went inside the main house to give them some privacy.

Zach patted me on the back and got into his own Audi, dangerously speeding off.

I just hope I don't get a call anytime informing me about Zach being in a hospital.

As I unlocked my car, I heard someone calling my name.

It's him.

Before I turned around to face him, I reminded myself to not say anything awkward and importantly, not to make him more upset.

"Hey, Charlie." Alex stopped infront of me, giving me a small and beautiful smile with his small and beautiful lips.

Stop!

"Alex! I, um," I wanted to apologise for yesterday. Because of me, he got upset. But I was nervous now.

Alex Standall makes me nervous.

"Look, I just wanted to say, I'm sorry." He apologized first, at which I gave him a questioning look. "For yesterday, I shouldn't have talked to you like that."

Oh.

"Oh." I replied, trying to see if he wasn't joking or something. "No, why are you apologising? You should..."

"I didn't mean it, what I said yesterday." He interrupted, then sighed. "Yeah, you weren't there when everything happened. With Bryce, with Hannah. But you are still here trying to help each one of us."

I just stared at him open-mouthed, because seeing him talking to me like this was kind of nice. For me, atleast.

"And even if you don't understand, you helped us to frame Monty. Even if he was one of your teammates, you helped me by framing him. I should be thanking you daily, but yesterday I was being an asshole to you."

"No, no, Alex." I interrupted him. "You were not an asshole. You are never an asshole. You were just upset. I get that."

"I don't deserve it, you know." Alex said, looking everywhere but at me. "College."

He was doing that thing. His self-depreciating thing. I had actually noticed him doing it more times than he would have liked.

"You're a good friend, you know?" Alex suddenly said, making me frown inwardly.

Yeah, just a friend.

"Don't mind Jessica and Tony. They are always worried about everything. It was kind of nice to see you support Tyler like that. If he would have been here, he could've seen how much of a good friend you are."

I nodded at him in appreciation, as he gave me a smile and said goodbye.

I hadn't noticed that Tony's Mustang was still on the other side of the road, and he was actually waiting for Alex.

Tony also gave me a nod through his window, and drived away with Alex.

Well, that went interesting.

To be honest, I didn't knew what to do with my feelings for Alex.

It wasn't like my first crush on a person that wasn't a girl, but this one was kind of getting serious. And the fact that me and Alex met everyday wasn't helping my case.

Atleast I wouldn't get to see him till the school starts again as I am going to my grandma's.

Let's hope the feelings will die down.

×××××××××××××××××

Third Chapter done!

I'm open for any type of suggestions. ;)