America

America.
After my first flight ever, which was chaotic and scaring to say the least, I was on a new country's soil. My English was forced to improve quickly.

It turned out that the family on my dad's side were horrible people who were mostly interested in the – honestly meagre - will that my parents left behind.
I was more worth being in a foster home in their eyes. Especially with my 'devil music'.
At least they threw me in a home rather than the streets.

"Hey Kayla! Can you come play with me?" Matilda asked. She was about seven years old. It hurt me to see her so happy yet never had a family. I was the oldest in the home. It hurt my heart to see how many children there were, rejected by their families or hurt by their parents.

I wonder what's worse: Finding one day that your family have left this world, or never experiencing it at all.

I smiled at her beaming face framed by cute blonde pigtails.
"Of course, I can Matilda, what shall we play?" I got up from my window perch and followed her outside to the tennis courts where all the young children play.
We began playing a game of pass with the basketball.
One of the boys who I also looked after came running up to us, almost out of breath.
"There's a visitor!" He exclaimed, "Dora was talking about you to them!" He tugged at my shirt.
Kayla blinked. "Why me?"
"They wanted an older kid," he shrugged, "And your ancient,"
"Hey!" She laughed and playfully pushed on his shoulder. The three of them started laughing.
"Perhaps I should go hide from them," I half-joked.
I was looking forward to my independence and I didn't want to leave these lovely kids. I left them to play ball and went to go climb the nearest tree.

I released a gasp of shock when a hand closed around my wrist as I went to jump.
"Woah, woah, calm down sweetheart," I turn around and look at the guy who seemed about my age.
He released me, hopefully after seeing my unamused glare, then stuck out his hand.
"The name's Bam Margera, what's yours?"
"Kayla,"
I saw him look at my shirt which clearly labelled 'Turbonegro' , a band from Scandinavia.
He nodded with approval.

"Hey mom! I got one!" he called. I blinked, keeping my glare consistent.
He laughed at my behaviour, "No, you are not some sort of pet, you're officially my sister," He begins to hug me. I stepped back.
"Not yet BamBam, the papers make it official," He smirked at my usage of names.
"Other than listening to good music, can you skate?" He obviously needs an affirmative answer. "If not, I'm going to teach you."
I grin, feeling more comfortable. "Hell yes, I can skate."

"So, this is your room, top floor, quiet, concealed, - mostly,"
the place was absolutely huge and amazing. The foster home melted away in my mind as just a dream. I felt that I was where I should be. "If you need anything my room is literally -" I embraced Bam, letting my guard down.
"Thank you so much Bam," I hadn't realised how much I missed people and care. It had been me looking after others for so long.
He laughed, pleased by my reaction, "Ok, you have the horror of meeting my friends tomorrow at the skate park so get your practice going!" I raced him outside and he lent me a board.

I thanked whatever angel or being that watched over me.