Change

(SN POV)

It's been a few days, and I will admit, things are definitely different than last time.

Last time, it felt like I was the only one trying, but it's not like that this time.

Work definitely makes it harder to find time to be together, but I think we can make it work.

Whenever we can, we try to meet up together for lunch during work days. When we're not as busy, we do other things together.

I feel like he's really opened up with me a lot more. He's letting himself be vulnerable and showing me his soft side. I wouldn't have guessed, but he has a thing for really long and tight hugs, which I don't mind at all.

We often call each other before going to bed whenever we're in the same timezone. Some nights we'd stay up for hours talking. We both share rooms with our other members so most of the time we'd stay up texting while our roommates were asleep.

One night, he really wanted to call, but he was really sleepy while we were talking.

"After that we went home and now I'm here talking to you." I told him about my day.

"Mm." I hear him mumble.

"Hey, Kookie, are you even awake?" I ask.

"Wha...yeah, I'm awake." It sounded like he was fighting to keep his eyes open.

"If you're tired you can go to sleep. I don't mind. I should probably go to sleep soon too."

"No, no. Keep talking to me, please..?"

"What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything. I just like hearing your voice." He says.

I laugh breathlessly.

"Your tired voice is cute." I tell him.

"So should I keep talking? Hmm. Okay, well what do you want to do tomorrow?"

We talked until it got really late and he fell asleep on the other end.

He's a really hard worker, and I admire that.

I'm glad that he knows what he wants now and we can work on this together.

I can tell he's committed and willing to go far with this whole thing.

I told him that communication is really important just so he knows we can talk to each other if we ever have any problems.

I don't think I ever fell out of love with him. I think I just put my feelings aside when he was trying to figure things out. He still makes me laugh and I still smile at that shine he has in his eyes.

He's always supporting me and asks what I'm working on at work. We talk to each other about our favorite things and our hopes and plans for the future.

He told me that one of his biggest dreams is to become a dad one day. He said that with so much pride in his eyes.

He's a man of big dreams, that's for sure.

But out of all of his goals for the future, that was one of his priorities.

He keeps telling me he's proud to be my boyfriend but he doesn't want anyone to know yet.

He said that a few of his members knew that we tried dating a few months ago but that didn't go through. They don't know that we got back together.

It's really hard to keep my mouth shut and watch what I say around my members. It's hard because they talk about things like this so easily and sometimes I catch myself wanting to chime in. 

Maybe it's better this way. We can mind our own business without everyone's eyes on us.

I know that when an idol comes out to be dating someone, their fans go crazy. Something so natural is such a big deal when you're an idol.

Jungkook is very protective towards me. I didn't realize it before, but it's obvious now. He always checks up on me and he gets all weird whenever another guy he doesn't know approaches me.

I don't really mind this though. We check up on each other all the time and he has nothing to be nervous about.

So no one knows we're dating again, but he was on a Vlive with Hoseok one day and he said something that had fans thinking that he's dating someone.

"Jungkook is the most muscular out of all of us." Hoseok said.

"Just cause I work hard." Jungkook replied.

"You have the best abs, well maybe Jimin has better abs..."

"Jimin does not have better abs than me."

"Prove it! Show ARMY your abs!" Hoseok was just teasing and playing around but Jungkook got uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"I'm not doing that."

"Aw come on. You do it all the time on stage."

"Not anymore."

"Why?"

"I just started thinking...if I ever...you know...had a girlfriend or something...I wouldn't want her showing herself in front of thousands of people."

Hoseok just looked at him like he was crazy, but yeah. Fans started speculating on that.

He was the one telling me to be careful about what I say, maybe I should give him a lecture.

Another night when we were talking on the phone, he asked me a sort of serious question.

"Do you think your parents will like me?"

Was he hinting about wanting to meet my parents?

"Yeah, of course they would. Why wouldn't they?" I said.

"I don't know...what if they just don't like me..?"

"That's ridiculous. There's literally nothing wrong with you."

He laughed, "If you say so."

That got me thinking about what things would be like when people eventually do find out about us.

It'll be stressful, but I think both of us are used to things like this.

I think we have a bright future together.