𝟑. ⤷ 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐨𝐥𝐨

3|marvolo

3|marvolo

Elizabeth could see the boy's eyes; how they lit up, how there was a hint of hope in them. He flashed a smirk, but it wasn't anything friendly. It was mischievous, devilish, sinister. And just like that, her motivation faded away. She wished she would've listened to that voice in her head, taunting at her and saying 'DO NOT ACCEPT IT!'. The Angel on her shoulder, always trying to guide her the right way. But then there was the Devil, smirking and laughing on the other shoulder. And this time, she chose the Devil.

And maybe once, just once, she would do something unforgivable, something that lacks innocence and purity. Is she curious about the outcome? Yes. Is she tempted about the deal? Yes. Will she regret it? Maybe. Does she not feel guilty? No.

And just like that, they had a deal. In her mind, a deal was a deal, something you hold onto. Something similar to a promise, except there is fairness on both sides, and everyone wins. That's what she thought. . .

Going back to the Ravenclaw common room, she felt a buzzing in her stomach. She was nervous, she felt the guilt consume her, like she had just made a deal with the Devil.

She sat down on a blue couch, throwing her head back. The ceiling above her was covered in stars, constellations, dimming their purplish light on the girl's features. She sighed, closing her eyes, hoping for a minute of silence.

"What's up?" Emily asked, a bit too loud.

"Merlin, what is up with you people today?" Elizabeth flinched.

"Huh?"

Elizabeth sighed, massaging her temples. "Sorry. I just feel frustrated."

"What happened?"

Elizabeth was thinking whether she should tell her best friend about the deal. They always told each other everything, and Emily was the only person she trusted. She may have looked like someone who couldn't keep a secret, but that wasn't true. She never told anyone about Elizabeth's secrets, and that was one of the reasons for their strong friendship.

"Riddle approached me today. We made a deal."

Emily's eyes widened. "Wha-You mean, Tom Riddle? That Riddle?"

"I reckon there isn't anyone else with that surname here."

"You're lucky."

"How so?"

"How so?! Riddle is sooo charming and ugh... he is such a gentleman."

Elizabeth pursed her lips. "Right."

"Oh, no no no!" Emily laughed in disbelief. "Do not tell me that you don't consider him charming! Just don't."

And she couldn't, because Elizabeth wasn't a liar. She did consider his features and looks handsome, but she was aware of his true self, therefore she wouldn't admit anything about it. It was somewhat taboo.