chapter twelve

3 days.

Harry gulped as he turned over to face his sleeping beauty. Draco had such long, almost white lashes. He looks so ethereal, even when drool is sliding out from the corner of his mouth as he snores ever so slightly.

How was he going to bring up moving in? He doesn't even have a house yet!

Oh, but to be able to live with Draco would be more than a dream. It was everything he would've ever wanted, and he hadn't even realized until Hermione had brought it up. How ridiculous was that! He should've come up with it himself. They've been dating solidly for 6 months now, it's been 4 months since graduation, Harry has a fairly stable job and yet he still hadn't even thought of moving out. Holding up his left hand, he stares at the pretty silver band that sat on his ring finger. Draco was so thoughtful, he was everything he didn't know he needed. He needs to be able to come up with a plan that ensured Draco would be in his life for as long as possible... For all of it if possible.

"What are you thinking about? You're going to get wrinkles." Draco lazily drags his slender hands over Harry's face, grumbling into his pillow in a weak attempt to hide the drool line he realized he had. Harry catches Draco's hand on his face before it falls off and plants a gentle kiss in the middle of his palm, sending shivers down Draco's spine.

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" Harry smiled.

"How would you have even woken me up? You're sitting there with steam coming out of your ears." Draco grunts, sitting up as he pulls his hand away from Harry. Running his fingers through his hair, Draco begins to drowsily open his eyes. "So? Are you going to tell me, Potter?" He tilts his head over to Harry in a jointless manner, his blue silver eyes burning into Harry's hazel ones icily. Sometimes, Harry wonder if he had ever been able to read Draco.

"No, it's nothing important." Harry broke the gaze, pulling Draco's head down so he can place a kiss on his forehead.

"Mean." Draco yawns, yet again pulling away.

"Mm, you're the one being mean. Where are you going?" Harry whined, trying to sheepishly pull his boyfriend back into bed.

"To the bathroom, so I don't piss myself." Draco replied monotonously. Harry really couldn't read the atmosphere or Draco in general. Was he being colder than usual or was Harry being sensitive because he's stressed about the whole move-in thing? Maybe he hadn't thought about it because he isn't ready for it. But if he wasn't ready for it, how was he so sure he truly wants to move in with Draco? Hermione telling him about this was both a blessing and a curse.

"That damned face again, Potter. You better spill it now that I'm fully awake." Harry looks up to come face to face with a frowning Draco adjusting his pants. Was he actually angry? Harry feels a prickle in his chest, a weird mixture of anxiety and hurt. Why was he getting mad? Without warning, Draco kisses Harry sweetly, making the prickly feeling his heart go away and putting butterflies in his stomach again. "Don't look at me like that, you know I don't mean it like that." He sighs, flopping onto the bed.

"Please tell me?" He coos, rubbing Harry's back soothingly as he turns to face him on the bed.

"Maybe later. Can we stay like this for a while?" Harry lies down on Draco's chest, hearing his head beat gently. Draco looked like the kind of person who looks like he would melt as soon as you touched his snowy white skin, he looked like winter personified. Harry felt like he was the only one who knew what his warmth truly felt like, and that's why he loved being able to touch Draco so easily. He was never pushed away, and he never felt like Draco was tolerating his touch. Draco let him in.

"But I'm hungry." Draco huffs, making Harry's head rise and fall on his stomach.

"Draco.. what do you think of our future?" Draco stops, everything stops. What kind of question was this? Draco inhales slowly, they were doing good, weren't they? They got rings and everything! They even had sexy time last night! Nothing can be wrong or should be wrong at least, Draco gulped.

"Well.. I think we're doing good now and I hope we stay together in the future. Maybe I'll be able to become an Auror and we both can start working together even if we're really busy. We'll go on more dates maybe, and we'll celebrate our first year anniversary in half a year." Draco's anxiety melt away more and more with each word. It made him so ridiculously happy to know it's already been half a year since they were together. So much had happened, and here they were enjoying a nice vacation.

"What about.. moving in together?"