chapter two

"We're here." Harry's breath brushed against Draco's ears. Peeling open his eyelids, it was bright and the only thing that his eyes could make out was Harry's silhouette. Draco don't remember dozing off but it was okay, it made the ride much more bearable. Struggling to get out of the rather low and worn out car, Draco shook along with the poor piece of metal as the trunk's lid slammed down.

"That'll be 120£." The greedy bugger grinned as he hastily placed the two luggages onto the ground. As Harry was paying for the completely unreasonable cab fare, Draco inspected the property. He cringed as his foot touched the mud shifting under the leaves. Why was the ground damp and wet? Why was majority of London always slightly damp? The smell was much fresher than the first breath he took in the city. It was rather nice. It was a little shady spot, rather chilly for this time of the year but Draco didn't mind. He didn't like the sun that much anyways.

The house itself looked sturdy. Years lined the wooden boards as Draco approached the rather cozy looking house. Most buildings back in the Wizarding world was made of bricks, it was a nice change to see one made of wood. Merlin knows the amount of damage that would be done if houses were made out of wood in the wizarding world. He had only read about such buildings in books and muggle texts, to see one in real life was much more different.

Walking behind the property, a beautiful view of the beach was tucked away behind the villa. Draco had never seen anything like it! The last thing he knew that was a place near the ocean was the prison of Azkaban. It was peaceful, strangely pleasant. Before he knew it, Harry's arms wrapped around his waist as Harry rested his chin on Draco's shoulder, his scent and presence engulfing every single one of Draco's senses.

"Isn't it nice?" Harry breathes. Draco nods gently, also rubbing his cheek slightly on the brown tufts of hair. They stare out into the ocean as the waves crashed silently onto the rocks. "Shall we go in?" Harry pulls away, holding up a pair of rusted, grey keys.

The door was heavy and at first, didn't budge. The two were worried they'd have to call the blacksmith but to their relief, the door finally swung open.

It wasn't much; the house has two levels to it. The first floor had a wooden flooring and two rooms, the living room and the dining room. It also had a small toilet and a cozy kitchen. The furniture looked well chosen and actually a lot more in shape than one would expect from the exterior of the house. Upstairs were two master bedrooms that each had their own bathrooms. It was rather luxurious. The master bedroom that they chose to stay in was much larger than the other one. It had a king sized bed and a balcony with a beautiful view of the ocean. There was a table and a walk in closet. The bathroom was fully equiped with a shower, a bath tub and a sink that had plenty of space for the both of them.

"How much was all this? Where'd you get the money?" Draco gasp as he took it all in. The bed sheets were soft and he felt like he could just pass out into hibernation right then, right there.

"Being an Auror pays well, baby." Harry plants a kiss on Draco's forehead. "I'm really sorry I haven't been around much." He sits down next to the blonde, running his fingers through his thin delicate hair. Harry couldn't help but compare Draco's hair to woven pearl. It was so thin and beautiful, almost silver-ish iridescent if one may remark on hair so detailedly. Draco didn't reply, he just smiled and enjoyed the feeling of Harry's finger weaving through his locks. His hair was much thinner than Harry's, but it was also much less tangled.

"Can we just stay here like this for a while?" Draco hums, closing his eyes.

"We'll do whatever you want."