prologue

It had been around four months since graduation. Molly let Harry stay at her's while they were sorting jobs out. Ron was working part time at Weasley's & Weasley's. Hermione and Harry were in training to go on front lines as an Auror. Draco was still trying to find a place to stay. He was helping out at the school in return for some extra money and a place to stay; he was still waiting on his application as an Auror to become approved.

Today marked half a year since Harry and Draco got together.

Harry anxiously waited in front of the train; he wanted to bring Draco to the muggle world. It would be a nice little vacation away from home and work and all the stress about moving into adulthood. He also wanted to show Draco where he grew up, and Draco wouldn't stop talking about muggle texts and asking questions about the muggle world. Harry watched the clock tick away by the minute. Draco wouldn't have forgotten, right?

"Harry, I'm sorry I'm late!" Harry whips around to see a dishevelled Draco jogging up to him. Pulled into a rather enthusiastic embrace, Harry was just glad he showed. Even now, Harry's still a little jittery about being left behind. But it's okay, he's here now.

"Odd place for a date, I must say. Any particular destination in mind or are we just dining with trains?" Draco chuckles, pulling away slightly as he took in his surroundings. He hasn't been in the train station since way before the war. It was weirdly nostalgic and foreign at the same time.

"Yes, to Devon." "Devon? Am I expected to know who that is?" They go quiet for a moment. Harry awaited a 'jokes' while Draco awaited an explanation.

"Oh you're being serious." Harry stifles his laughter at the flusteredly dumbfounded Draco.

"W-well I don't know who you've met at work! We've barely seen each other since graduation because someone's a bloody Auror." Draco pouts. Harry apologetically smiles at Draco. Draco is a powerful wizard but because of his parents, his career choices are now limited. He was also sorry for neglecting Draco so much.

[2 weeks prior]

"God, I hate how we're training by finding low level crooks in forests. It's bloody tedious. I have another scam to look into tomorrow as well." Harry growled, flicking through the pages angrily. Feeling the sheets rustling ever so lightly, he turns around to see Draco getting up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Harry gently pulls Draco back into bed, onto his chest.

"We were supposed to go to lunch tomorrow." Draco said, his voice monotonous and soft. Harry's heart dropped.

"I could—" "No, don't even think about giving this case up to someone else. It's more important you go." Draco pulls himself off of Harry, turning around to face him. His expression was sincere, but it was also disappointed.

[1 month before]

"Harry, why are you here?" Draco sighed, he was busy marking essays for a third year potions class.

"What? I can't see my boyfriend?" Harry lifts an eyebrow. Draco rolls his eyes, not even sparing Harry a glance. "Before you answer, I brought food." Harry lifts up a large bag, it rustled and clanked as he shifted it around excitedly.

"Harry, did you forget that we were supposed to go out for dinner yesterday? The reason it was yesterday was so that I could work today." Draco sighs, finally turning to the clueless brunette.

"Devon's where I grew up." Harry flashes a nervous smile.

"We're going to the muggle world? Harry, are you sure I can—" Before Draco could begin his tangent on how he might not be allowed to go because they couldn't go through Diagon Alley and also because he was still considered an ex-criminal (the High Comission of Magic was still in the process of clearing him) Harry pulls out a document and some train tickets.

"I'm an Auror, Malfoy. Trust me a little. Let's do it, baby, I know the law." Harry winks. Draco presses his lips against Harry's. The kiss was sweet and familiar; fluttery and happy. The warmth was something they both missed despite the weather being hotter nowadays. Pulling apart, they were both smiling like idiots.