Jacket -Lukanette

It was raining hard and Marinette was on her way home.

She was using the umbrella that Adrien gave her the first time they met.

It was also a terribly windy day. "A perfect combination" Marinette sarcastically said to herself.

Despite using an umbrella, Marinette was slightly getting wet.

She shivered as a gust of cold wind blew and she let go of the umbrella. She tried to catch it as it flew away and while she was at it, she ended up falling on the wet road.

She struggled to stand up the fact that she's soaking wet and had a wound on her knee. She continued to walk while bracing herself because the wind wouldn't stop blowing. She was shivering.

"Oh no, poor Tikki." She said to herself. She opened her purse to find the kwami shivering. "I'm so sorry Tikki..." She said continuing to walk under the merciless weather.

----------------------------------

Luka was busy enjoying the chaotic weather, walking under the rain and just wearing a jacket.

He was trying to find inspiration, the missing note in a symphony. Listening to every rain drop fall and land on the ground and on his jacket.

As he was walking and he suddenly spotted a very familiar hairstyle, pigtails. "Marinette?" He questioned himself. 'What's Marinette doing under the rain, with no umbrella or jacket, she's wounded to.' Luka thought.

Luka watched the pigtailed girl slowly walk and bracing herself because of the cold.

"Marinette!" Luka called. Marinette looked and placed a relieved look on her face. Luka ran to her direction and decided to walk with her. "Marinette, what are you doing here? Why don't you have an umbrella?" He said while removing his jacket.

Marinette was actually very far from her house, she'd have to walk for more than 30 minutes. Marinette giggle and said, "My umbrella flew away, then I tried to catch it then I fell." She smiled. Luka put his jacket on her and smiled sheepishly.

"I know your house is far from here, mine is near, so you should probably join me first while we let the rain settle down." Luka smiled and fixed the jacket on her shoulders. "Thank you Luka, but what about you? You'll be soaking wet!" "It's all right Marinette, I'd rather be wet then you getting more wet. How's the wound?" "It's fine -really- just stings a little." She mumbled.

----------------------------------

They eventually reached Liberty and was both greeted by Juleka.

Juleka rushed and got towels for both of them. Marinette sat down as both Luka and his sister were finding for the first aid kit.

LC (Luka): How's your wound Marinette?

MDC (Marinette): It's feeling better, it still stings.

Marinette smiled sheepishly and Luka smiled in return. Marinette gripped her towel more because she was still feeling cold.

JC (Juleka): Hey Mari, I'll try to find decent clothes for you to wear, so that you'll feel less cold.

Juleka left, leaving both Marinette and Luka alone.

'Luka doesn't look cold.' Marinette thought and eventually gave a shiver. Luka immediately put his towel over hers and smiled.

LC: Don't worry, I'm not feeling cold.

He said then smiled sheepishly. Marinette blushed.

Juleka suddenly came back with some clothes,

JC: Here Marinette, you can change in my room.

Juleka escorted Marinette to her room leaving Luka alone.

----------------------------------

It's been an hour and Marinette messaged her parents. The rain was still the same and she had no choice but to stay over with the Couffaine's.

MDC: Are you really sure it's fine for me to stay here? Cause I could like, walk home right now...

LC: It's fine Marinette, no need to worry.

Luka laughed. Luckily, there were no akuma attacks going on that day, and Chat was in charge of patrol. 'Oh poor Chat...' Marinette thought, 'he's gonna patrol under the rain. Alone.' She felt bad for the poor cat.

Luka brought out his guitar and started to play, Juleka and Marinette were in love with the song that Luka was trying to come up with.

MDC: Was that why you were outside under the rain earlier? To get inspiration?

LC: Yeah I was, until I saw you.

Marinette turned red and Juleka started to giggle. She seemed that she was enjoying the situation.

The rain was still pouring hard.

----------------------------------

The night was late and the moon was really shining. Marinette suddenly woke up because of a loud bang. It was thunder joined by lightning. Marinette shrieked. Somehow Juleka was still peacefully sleeping.
Marinette started to hear footsteps going towards the door. She hid her face under her blanket and eventually took a peek.

She sat and and watched the door knob slowly turn. Then the door opened. Luka peeped into the room seeing Marinette sitting on the bed.

LC: Marinette are you okay?

Luka noticed her hair down. 'She looks pretty with her hair down...' he thought.

MDC: Ye-yeah I'm fine I'm fine. Totally didn't get scared-

Thundered bang and lightning flashed. Marinette got startled and shrieked. Luka just smiled at her reaction.

LC: Come with me.

Luka said while offering his hand and smiling sheepishly. Marinette smiled back and held his hand.

Luka led her to his room, holding the jacket that he lent to Marinette earlier.

LC: I want you to have this.

Luka said while pointing at the jacket.

MDC: A-are you sure?

Luka nodded and laid it on her shoulders. Marinette smiled and he smiled in return.

Luka brought out his guitar and started to tune it. He glanced at Marinette and looked away when she looked at him.

LC: You are the missing note in my symphony.

Luka whispered and softly smiled. Marinette had fallen asleep with her head leaning on Luka's shoulders.

He leaned his head on hers and continued to play his guitar. And the rainy night went on.

----------------------------------

Hey guys!! I hope you enjoyed my first Lukanette one-shot!! I honestly enjoyed writing this because I ship both of them UwU.

I'll be working on the second one-shot soon, and I'm accepting requests btw (well, I'll try).

I'm still deciding what ship i should do next...honestly struggling but I'll be there soon ;) . Stay tuned!!

You can message me in my IG or here, where ever you prefer...

Instagram: _marmar05_