Chapter 8

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! :) I hope everyone is enjoying their christmas. Here's a new chapter to keep up your spirits! I'm feeling in the christmas mood so I'm going to update another chapter tonight. I hope you like this update :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes flutter open and I can feel a headache coming on. My head aches with a dull throb as I slowly sit up. The sky is painted with yellows and oranges as the sun peaks out from the clouds and trees. I must have been out for longer than I thought. The truck is coming tomorrow, I think to myself.  Even if Alex and I got away alive I doubt we would make it to the clearing in time. I feel a firm trunk pressed up against my back and sink back onto it as I recall what happened yesterday. Boy was I going get Reed.

“Oh thank god you’re awake,” whispered Alex relieved. I turned to look at him. His face was pale but he wore a small smile. I return the small smile and open my mouth to speak when Samson interrupts.

“Looks like Dolson is finally awake,” spits Samson. Duke chuckles at me and Lionel just stares at me and I start to shift uncomfortably. Boy that guy is creepy; I mean would it kill you to say something. Anything!

“I guess I hit her harder than I meant to,” remarked Reed smugly as he flexed his muscles as I stifled a laugh. He shoots a glare at me and shut my mouth.

“Reed I’m curious,” begins Alex. “Is this all just an act or are you just a complete and utter psycho.” Reed glared at Alex as his face started to turn a purplish-red colour. 

“I think it’s the latter,” I explain. “You can tell by the crazy look in his eye,” I reply making Alex snicker. Reed now has his fist clenched while the twins are blocking him from storming up to us. Lionel is leaning against a tree looking at us with a glint of amusement in his eye and Toby is asleep against a tree snoring loudly.

“Oh yeah kind of like a demented squirrel,” he adds. I laugh at the reaction we’re getting from Reed. He’s jumping up and down and is a few moments away from steam coming out of his ears. If we’re going to die, why not go out with a bang?

“Cut it out you won’t like Reed when he’s angry,” says Duke and Samson nods his head in agreement. Reed is eagerly struggling against their grips. “Are you going to help us Lionel? We actually have to keep them alive and judging by Reed’s anger issues we’re going to need a little help.” To this they receive a blank stare from Lionel and Duke curses.

“Oi Toby wake up,” shouts Samson making him stir. Toby jumps up and mutters something about dancing monkeys which makes the twins snicker.

“Hey now Alex, that’s offensive to demented squirrels.” This makes Alex burst out in laughter and I follow shortly after. Reed starts to take deep breathes and as his fist stop shaking the twins and Toby release him.

“You’re right. He’s nothing but a Black Raven reject,” spits Alex making Reed and Lionel flinch. The Black Raven’s are a group of Elementi terrorist who want to exterminate humans and all who co operate with them, even Elementi’s who don’t agree with them. I’ve heard my fair share of horror and torture story about the Black Ravens and it doesn’t surprise me that Reed would be associated with them. What confuses me is why they would reject a whacko like Reed. And how could Reed go from wanting to exterminate the human race to working for them as their hunting dog?

“Are you forgetting how I knocked you out yesterday? Looks like Dolson is up for a trip down memory lane. And don’t forget I’m the one with the knife,” he snarls at us. Then it hits me.

“Oh crap I forgot,” I mutter. As I start to struggle against the ropes.

“What did you forget?” whispers Alex.  The boys are now distracted and engaging in conversation so Alex and I can talk quietly.

“I have a pocket knife in my bra,” I whisper back and he flushes red. Who knew I could make Alex blush.

“Who keeps pocket knives in their bras,” he whispers harshly.

“Girls with patronising older brothers who won’t shut up unless you have a weapon on you all the time.”

“Of all places to hide a weapon you chose your bra?” he laughs.

 “Don’t judge, when you get ambushed they search your pocket or rucksack not bra,” I reply. He shakes his head at me and I chuckle quietly.

“Won’t it stab your-”

“It in between the padding you idiot,” I mutter.

“Well then how are you going to, um, get it out,” he says blushing.

“I have a plan; if you distract the boys I’ll push the button so the knife comes out. It’s facing down so the knife will cut through the fabric and fall down my shirt. I will then pass it to you and you’ll cut the rope while I distract the boys. Then we will break free and kick some butt,” I finish. I don’t know about him but to me that sounds like an awesome plan.

“One problem, there are two of us and five of them,” he says.

“I have a few tactics.” He raises his eyebrow at me and I shrug. “This isn’t my first meeting with Reed and his gang of idiots. Okay so Duke is smaller and weaker than Samson so it will take less to take him down,” I say repeating my brother’s instructions from six years ago. “Toby faints at the sight of blood and Lionel is some kind of crazy ninja so he is are biggest threat.” he nods and we start the plan.

 Alex catches their attention and starts to talk about some random political history of the war. Of course the best way to distract them was to play another history game. I move my arm around until my elbow knocks the button of the pocket knife making the dagger shoot out of its confinement. I sway my arms and struggle against the ropes to make the knife cut through the fabric.  The knife slides down my belly and when it just on top of my belly button I feel a small snap of pain and hiss quietly. I feel something wet slide down my bellybutton and onto my trousers and realise its blood. I shift one more time and the knife falls onto the ground. Thanks goodness my jacket is buttoned up or they would realise the patch of blood on my shirt. It’s only a small cut yet it stings when it comes into contact with the fabric of my clothes. I nudge Alex and look down at the knife. He nods at me, picks it up and gets to work. Now it’s my turn to play Reed’s sadistic game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you haven't realised Reed is a whackjob. Lol! I hope you enjoyed. Please vote and comment that is All I Want For Christmas (lol it's the song on the side). Untill next time,

Berryboots_xx