Chapter 2

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. Please comment xxx :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I jerk up at the sound of the siren. How did they catch up with me so fast? I scramble out of my sleeping bag and hurriedly stuff it in my rucksack. I look around the room for an exit when my eyes land on a small, wooden door. I run through it so I’m standing in an empty corridor and search desperately for something to keep it closed. My eyes fall upon another boarded up window so I tear of a plank and put it through the door handles.  They won’t be getting through that anytime soon. I’m bought back to earth when I hear the sound of glass shattering and instantly tuck and roll to the other side of the corridor.  I look through the now broken window and see a few military vehicles. Popping out of the top window is a blonde head and a long range shooting gun aimed right at me. I run just before the sound of a firing bullet echoes around the corridor. There are no more windows in the corridor so I run up a nearby staircase. My feet slap against the metal floor as I run for my life.

On the third floor there is small window that I could just about slide through. I try to pick the lock with my nail but all that happens is they start to bleed. I bang against the window try to smash it so I can jump but to no avail. I hear a loud bang and the sound of wild howls and barks. The soldiers had broken through the door and they had bought police dogs. A lot of them. I give up on the window and continue to run down the corridor, turning left then right. The sound of footsteps and barks fill my ears and I know that they’re close. I spot a window in the corner of my eye and sprint towards it.

I push it hard, silently praying that it won’t be locked. It squeaks and then opens wide enough that I can barely jump through. I look out of the window and see the sun peeking out from the horizon. I must have slept for more than a few hours.  Directly underneath the factory I see a river. It must be the one I had heard before. The waters are much calmer than before and the smell of salt once again feels my nostrils. I allow myself to relax for a second and then I hear the dogs barking louder than before.  I had heard stories about how the military trained them to mercilessly rip apart elementi’s on sight and I didn’t feel like being a doggie chew toy any time soon. I jump onto the window ledge and push the window open even wider until it falls off and into the river. Oops.  I take a deep breath and swan dive into the river as gracefully as I can which of course fails. I may be a water elementi but my diving skills need some serious work

. My body slams against the water and a sudden shock of pain surfs through my body. When it wavers I poke my head out of the water to see a group of soldiers madly shooting at the water around me. I go under so I’m not a visible target and swim. I may not be the best diver but I make up for with my swimming skills. Being surrounded by my element gave me that extra boost as I narrowly dodged bullets and swam towards the edge of the bank. I popped back up for air to see a smug looking soldier at the bank replacing the bullets in his gun.

I put my hand out towards him willing the water around me to my command.  Water from the river shot out and curled into a fist, grabbing the man from the ground and shaking him about. By the time he’s dizzy I make the water fist throw him down the river and continue to swim to the edge of the river where I can now make out a forest.  I make it to edge before the soldiers can send out reinforcements. I jump up onto the river bank and stare at the forest, trying to think of the best route through it. A bullet wizzes past me and hits a tree less than an inch away from me. I spin around and see the soldier I had threw into the river aiming a gun at me. Only now he was soaking wet and isn’t looking so smug. I turned to the forest and run just as the second bullet hit a tree I was just standing in front of.

The forest becomes a blur and all I see are tall and lanky shapes. I trip and stumble as I try to navigate through the forest. A sharp tree branch swipes at my arm and cuts it through the jacket.  The wail of the siren still fills my ears and the smell of salt is long gone. I’m now running blindly through the forest haven lost sense of all direction. Branches and brambles nip at me as I sprint through the forest. The energy the water provided me is slowly fading and I’m now breathing hard. I want to slow down or stop but by dong that I might as yell out to the soldiers where I am. I can’t stop, I can only run. I spare a backwards glance and fortunately they haven’t caught up with me.  I turn back around and then something hard hits me smack in the forehead. I stumble around trying to keep consciousness but fail as I collapse. I lie on my back and stare at the horizon as black starts to cloud my vision. I’m panting as I watch the sun rising, the colours bringing everything to life. That is the last thing I see before I black out, the sound of the sirens still pounding in my ears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen to Melanie, willl she be captured and killed by the soldiers or will she make it ou alive. The only way to find out is to read the next chapter! If anyone wants to send fanart don't hesitate to. Hope you liked. Goodbye for now,

Berryboots_xx