Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Mum and Dad

Hey readers I hope you enjoy the first chapter of Splash. I just want to stay that this is this my story so don't steal it! Stealing stories is not cool and I put a lot of hard work into this so don't. Also please don't promote your own stories on mine it's rude. Now all of that is out of the way please enjoy and comment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I brush a few cinnamon strands out of my face as I continue to trek down the isolated road. After every few steps I check behind me to make sure I'm not being followed. I'm safe, for now. The last time the soldiers cornered me it didn't turn out very well and I still have the bruises to prove it. I keep on walking my feet slapping against the wet pavement. Occasionally I have to jump over a brick or chunk of the road to avoid falling flat on my face. The debris' are reminders of the 100 year war. Reminders of why I'm on the run. I can hear the crash of the river on the banks and the smell of salt fills my nostrils. It somewhat calms me, being near my element maybe it's an elementi thing. I stare at my reflection in a nearby puddle and I cringe. I haven't had a chance to freshen up in a while and it's quite obvious to. My dark blue eyes are sunken and etched with exhaustion and my freckles are faint. My back is slightly hunched from the weight of my rucksack and my body has thinned but I'm still as petite and delicate as I've always been. I can't remember the last full meal I've had which explains my thinning body structure. I dismiss my reflection and continue to walk.

I think I'm in Virginia somewhere but I have no way of knowing. It's dangerous and stupid for an elementi to go anywhere close to D.C but I don't have a choice. After my last encounter with the soldiers I can only go forwards and hope to avoid D.C at all times. As I approach an abandoned factory I let out a breath I hadn't realised I'd been holding. Finding somewhere that wasn't outside to stay was a lucky find and the protection the walls of that factory could offer me brings a small smile face. Not as wide as it used to be but it's still there. The last place I stayed in was a stable and I had to leave at dawn to avoid the humans from finding me, their reaction wouldn't be pretty and would've probably involved me in a small wooden box. It's a good thing I got out in time.

Once I'm in the factory I look around. The walls are a dingy grey colour and the windows are boarded up with wooden planks. The floor is a cold metal and set up a long the room are large, empty steel tables. I notice a small staircase in the corner of the room and decide to take a look. If I could to get to high ground and a window I would see if there was an incoming threat. I take the stairs two at a time so they won't creak as much. Noise can alert the soldiers. The second floor is wide and empty. There is a large window that fortunately isn't boarded up and is facing the road I just walked down. The sun is starting to set so I decide to get rest while I can, I'll be on the move first thing tomorrow morning. I pull out my sleeping bag out of my rucksack and slip into it until I'm cocooned like a caterpillar. I snuggle into the sleeping bag as I try to conserve heat. I treasure my sleep. While I'm asleep I can, even if only for a moment, slip into my haven where there wasn't war, I'm not being hunted, and I still have a family. I can escape into perfect bliss for a few hours before I have to pack up and move again. So I close my eyes and allow myself to slip into beautiful nothingness because I know it's definitely better than being awake.

 I'm probably asleep for a few hours before I'm awoken by the ear-splitting wail of a siren. The wail of a police siren, they've had found me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffhanger....I hope you like. Tell me what you think, comment! Tell your friends if you liked, tell your friends friends!

Goodbye now I'll be updating soo but until then,

Berryboots_xx