Is The Wedding Back On?

The doctor discharged me from the hospital the following day, but I didn't return to school until the following week. Having spoken things out with both Alex and Gigi, and had my operation, I felt good, fresh, and ready to get back to school.

With a new found peace of mind, I entered the school building earlier than usual to go collect my results for the exams that I did manage to sit. I was pleasantly surprised at how I did considering how much I struggled to concentrate on my revision. Shoving my result sheet in my bag, I pulled out my phone texted the girls to find out where they were.

"Hey."
I looked up at the person speaking and smiled, "Hey Gi."
"How are you feeling?" she asked falling into step beside me.
"Really good, actually," I replied, sliding my phone back into my pocket.

"You're in earlier than usual," she commented.
"Came in for my results," I patted my bag. "Not too shabby, considering everything."
"It's alright for some," she rolled her eyes, a smirk playing on her face.
"Didn't do so well?" I asked and she shook her head expressing he concern about not being able to improve in time for the real exams.

"Ignore the teacher when they tell you, it's not likely to improve. You can do anything you put your mind to."
"I hope so," she sighed, "I've wasted too much time on stupid things."
"There's time to turn it around as long as you concentrate," I assured her and she nodded.

Pausing for a second, she looked past me and then back at me as we walked through the dining hall. Raising my eyebrow at her questioningly, I shifted my gaze to where she was looking catching a glimpse of Mesut walking into the boy's toilets. Looking back at her in confusion, she face palmed and then pointed towards the side of the toilets where the cash machines were.

"Alex?" I said looking back at her.
"I think he was trying to get your attention," she replied quietly. I looked back over at him, catching him looking at me with a smile. Smiling back at him, I carried on walking to the stairs,
"I'll catch up with him later."
Turns out the girls did pretty well on their tests too, which made me happy. Nothing better than seeing your friends succeed.

As I walked home from school, I reflected on what had happened that day.

Gigi told me about how Felicity was no longer on speaking terms with Harmony and Soreya. Apparently, she had a huge argument with Harmony, resulting in some words being exchanged that couldn't be taken back. Soreya took Harmony's side, as expected, and so the two of them were no longer friends with her. She also told me that although Felicity was upset about it, she knew it was for the better.

Back when I was friends with them, I was the closest to Felicity. She was the one out of the three I had the most in common with. Even Soreya and Harmony knew this, and they were more than happy to come in between us. They made a big deal about how I was 'taking her away' from them and that I should stop being 'up her ass'. Yeah, I know. Stupid.
I mean if anyone was up anyone else's ass, it was Soreya up Harmony's ass, but I didn't say anything.

Felicity had approached me at break time and apologised for everything that had happened between us over the years. In all honesty, Felicity herself had never done anything to me, she had always just been the bystander, which didn't mean she was innocent but still. When I said this to her, she said she felt guilty for not speaking up and that she regretted letting them come between us. Smiling at her, I told her I was also sorry if I had ever done anything to hurt her.

Before she walked away, she told me what the cause of the argument was. Something to do with Soreya's ex. Not that it was surprising. She also said that Soreya was arguing with someone who was sticking up for me. She was calling me an attention seeker and when someone present stuck up for me, she spat back a slew of profanities. Felicity recalled standing up for her, making Soreya livid in the process.