ct-25 Heading for the gala

Start from the beginning

"That's what the mysts told me." Garett replied.

"Why?" Esther asked

"To keep Kai in line." Garett said.

"That's...how can someone do that to his own brother?" She asked.

Garett didn't have a reply for that. Viktor's actions could not be further explained till the mysts had access to his mind.

"We should get some sleep." Garett said.

Esther packed her hair into a ponytail with her scarf. Garett gathered leaves to make sleeping on the ground the slightest bit more comfortable.

Then they both laid down to sleep while the fire spread as much warmth as it could.

Three hours later and Garett was still awake. Sleep just wouldn't come. Most likely because the mysts kept trying to give him information from Esther's mind which he blocked out as much as he could.

She was still awake beside him but she had her back turned to him. He could feel her sadness. He couldn't help being curious but he wouldn't take information that wasn't his.

The memory of her short horrific time on Dead Island crashed into his mind.

Would you stop that? Garett mentally scolded the mysts.

Your curiosity affects your mental state mortal. Be eased by the answers. The mysts said as they tried to push more of her thoughts at him.

You're affecting my mental state. And these are personal thoughts. I won't just take them okay?

Your mental calm is important to the greater peace.

We talked about this already. Now stop.

Garett felt the mysts anger but they stopped trying to feed him Esther's thoughts.

Then it began snowing. The fire sizzled then went off after a few minutes. Viktor still hadn't returned. Garett could still sense his foggy mind around the area so there was no reason to fear Viktor had abandoned them.

It was becoming a lot more cold. Esther then began shivering. Perfect. Garett used his powers to cover both of them in a dome of warmth. Esther stopped shivering.

Then his power wavered and he felt the dome of warmth suddenly disappear. This was not because he was weak...this was the mysts.

Why would you do that? Garett asked the mysts.

You must be full of power for the task ahead.

What good is that if we freeze to death?!

Body warmth.

Garett groaned inwardly at the mysts.

Esther had begun shivering again.

"Esther." Garett called since she was awake.

"Yeah?" She answered, her voice a rasp.

"It's cold. We...we can keep each other warm through body heat." Garett said.

Esther turned to him. Her arms were folded around herself as she shivered.

"Not a chance." she said with a glare. Garett rolled his eyes.

"Don't be stubborn, you'll be sick by morning." Garett said.

"I...don't...like being...t..tou..touched." she said.

Garett felt the mysts trying to retrieve information. He was curious as to why the Queen of Arocelli didn't like being touched. He mentally glared at the mysts warning them not to interfere.