chapter 22 - Home

Start from the beginning

From 5.20 "What Lies Beneath", in the basement cell, Cristian, Liv, Nicola, Kaylin and Kacie stood in front of the chained up Tyler/Julian.

Tyler/Julian's eyes turned black.

Markos: (voice over from 5.19 Man On Fire)"Welcome back, Julian."

From 5.21 "Promised Land", on campus, Stefan, Alex and Julian were arguing.

"My wife's dead, I'm in somebody else's body," Julian told them. "I've got nowhere to go because my own people are trying to kill me."

Stefan lunged toward Julian, trying to pin him to the car. Julian had the upper hand. He reached into Stefan's chest cavity, ripping out his heart.

Alex gasped in shock, pain and denial.

Stefan's skin slowly desiccated. He looked at Alex, falling to the ground, dead.

Alex was horrified, devastated.

"There," Julian told her. "Dead Doppelganger. Stopped the spell."

Julian walked away.

From 5.21 "Promised Land", on campus, Alex held Stefan's body in her arms, crying, sobbing loudly, looking as if she would break into a million pieces.

Kacie rushed toward her, slowing to a stop when she saw the scene in front of her, covering her mouth. She felt Alex's pain, kneeling next to them, holding Alex comfortingly as Alex continued to cry in denial and despair.

-----~-----

Same Night 

Night - Whitmore College - Dorm Building 

Alex was crying over Stefan's dead, desiccated body, which was lying on the couch.

Kacie sat next to her, crying silently, comforting her.

Elena, Kaylin, Nicola and Damon walked in.

Nicola looked at Stefan, disconcerted, closing her eyes, unable to see the sight of him like that. "Oh, my God. Stefan!" 

Elena sat on the other side of Alex to comfort her.

Alex was sobbing. "We didn't know where to bring him, and we just couldn't leave him outside." Damon and Kaylin looked at their brother's body, disconcerted. "Bonnie has a plan, right? She--She said that she could bring Ryan and Alaric and Enzo back. Now Stefan." No one answered. Alex cried harder. "Tell me that she can bring them back."

"We'll bring them back," Kaylin told them.

"Come on," Damon told them. "Let's get away from prying eyes."

Kaylin, Damon and Nicola started to pull Stefan's body away.

Kacie and Elena still comforted Alex.

"Kacie, go after Julian," Nicola told her. "If Bonnie knows how to bring people back, that means we can get Tyler back."

Kacie nodded, standing. "I was already planning on finding him and bringing him here, Nicola. I'll snap his neck if I have to." She started to walk away. She turned to look at Nicola. "If this works, and if you like him as much as he likes you, then you should tell him."

Nicola looked at Kacie in surprise.

Kacie turned around, walking away, walking past Stefan's ghost without seeing him.