Chapter 8: Jean's Sister

(Cakey A/N: Art by @AnekoTheOtaku )
The sun glistened through my slightly open curtains as I pulled the thick bed sheets further over my head in order to capture more of its warmth.

As I curled myself into a ball, I felt something heavy being placed on me, causing me to groan and uncover myself.

"Hey bun-bun~ You look quite warm there, don't you, my little burrito~"

Virion purred as he looked at me with his hetero chromatic eyes and eyed me seductively.

I narrowed my eyes at him sighing, turning on my side, slightly making him fall off me.

"Aww no need to be so mean~" he pouts and I feel the spot behind my back sink down, I assume he lays there because the next thing I know I feel his arms wrap around my waist and him nuzzling my neck, making my face heat up in all shades of red.

He chuckled and sat up stretching.

"Alright, bunny, get up so we can start going" at his words the realization suddenly

"O-Oh yeah, right, I forgot about that..." A yawn escaped my lips as I hesitantly got out from my warm bed.

"Alright, get what ya need and come down when you're ready kay'?" I nodded my head slowly in response, making him smile-smirk? It was hard to tell really. He left the room with the click of the door set in place sounding throughout the room.

I came down the stairs pulling a black bag along with me, filled with basic items that I'd probably need.

"You ready?" Jean asked me as he saw me coming down, he also handed me a piece of toast as I walked down the last step.

I took a bite of my food and nodded energetically. He smiled sweetly at me and took a deep breath and sighed.

"All right, so let's go?" He asked us. As no objections were made, we all started walking out of the cabin, making this the start of our epic journey.

I felt anxiety eat away at my head, giving me anxious thoughts about going back to the dry, dying area but...I didn't get any further last time so, possibly with Jean Virion, everything will be okay...I hope.

We went behind the house to see the faded decay of dead grass and trees and headed straight into the unknown.

As we walked through the dead forest, it was all silent, save for the crunching of our footsteps on twigs.

I looked to my left at Virion, as Jean was in front of us, leading the way since he knew the most about this place than us.

I felt a hand snake around my waist, and I realized Virion was pulling me to his side, making me somewhat confused.

"Virion...?" I asked him unsurely, in an almost hushed whisper. He glanced at more for a split second before replying with a "hm?" at least tell me he was listening.

"Are you okay...?" His eyes widened an inch, almost unnoticeable before he let out a breath of air from his nose, which is considered a laugh of sorts.

He had a smile on his face, as he looked at me again.

"Yeah of course, why wouldn't I be?" He asked me, his deep voice containing what sounded like amusement.

Though when I looked into his eyes, I could see somewhere deep down that he was lying, though I wasn't completely sure about it, and didn't bother to question it, as he'd probably just deny it anyway.

I sighed as we continued to walk, the leaves rustling every so often with the slight breeze that came through.

As we all walked silently I heard the faint sound of glass clanging together, making me confused.