Chapter 9: Festival/Market of treats

(Cakey A/N: Art by me)
I wake up to the darkness of the room I had been previously sleeping in, half expecting Virion or somebody to have come to wake me up. I stretch and crawl out of my bed to walk out of the room to see if anyone else besides me was awake.

I walk into the main room to see A having some coffee on her red couch, Virion beside her talking to her and Jean listening in to their conversation.

Which was weird? I didn't think they would be able to do something like that, like having a civil conversation? Jean looked over to me and smiled, "Good morning Y/n." he purred, in a friendly way.

As I walked tiredly into the room I plopped myself down on the comfy sofa next to Jean.

I yawned and started to also listen into Virion and A's conversation, they were seeming to talk about their past adventures. A looks over at my direction, "Hey, want something to drink, Y/n?" She offers me, with a friendly smile, while sipping her own coffee.

I nod my head happily and scoot over to her direction to get some from her. A gets up from her spot, walking over to the kitchen area, there was a tea set, and some coffee beans in a jar, "Tea or coffee?" She asks.

I think about it for a while, before answering with tea.

She beams a smile at me and pours some into a cup, handing the steaming liquid over to me.

I take a sip, before instantly recalling, because I was stupid and hadn't realized I should have let it cool down, happening to have burned my tongue.

laughed hysterically, with Viron smirking at me with a raised eyebrow.

Jean smiled comfortingly at me and patted my head softly.

"You okay...?" He asks me softly, though I could tell he wanted o to laugh at me, not like I really minded all that much anyway, gotta admit it was pretty funny.

A sighed dramatically and slouched down in her spot, even if Virion was taking most of the couch, him having his arms spread along the back of it, he looked pretty comfy.

"So were you guys off to next?" She asked us with questioning eyes.

We all thought for a second before Jean spoke up for us.

"We're planning on going to the Land of Treats next."

She nods and lets out a "hm" of thought.

Her eyes then light up as if a lightbulb had gone off in her head.

"Hey, so I needa' go through there, mind if I tag along?"

Virion shrugs and Jean looks like he's thinking.

I also take a minute to think before nodding happily at her.

"Sure you can!" I joyfully answer, making Virion and Jean look at me confused.

"Fine by me, I guess~" Virion responds with a smirk.

Jean sighs and nods solemnly, "If it's fine with you guys, then I guess you can..."

He replies, directing his statement to A, who held a face of joy, and a smirk of triumph.

"So when we leaving?" A asks, enthusiastically standing from her previous spot on the couch, surprising us with her eagerness. "I guess now? I just need to get something from my room." I say. They nod in response and I go back to my room to grab my black bag sitting on my bed, check everything I brought was still there and it was thankfully, though not surprisingly.

I walked back into the room where everyone else was and gave them a thumbs-up, saying that I was ready to go.

A grabbed out a huge shield with a shadowy blob on the front, looked like it has three eyes.