Two

Emmalyn

I made my way through the parking lot towards the tall building that had our studies affiliated.

There were students everywhere in the corridor. I walked towards my locker. I was in a huge dilemma, I wanted to see him so badly but still didn't want to see him after today's vivid dream but I guess God had something else planned for me.

I took out my books and closed the locker trying to avoid any eye contact and still I somehow managed to bump into him,

"Oh hey, are you okay?" I felt my insides melt at his voice.

"..."

"I'm sorry, if you're hurt," I felt heat creep up to my cheeks and I am pretty sure I was red as a tomato by now.

"You should watch where you are going," No, no! This is not what I wanted to say, Oh god, I quickly left to save myself from further embarrassing myself.

I don't even know what class I was in or what the teacher was telling us, all I could think of was him. I shouldn't have said that, I have to apologize to him, but how am I gonna do that?

By talking to him, perhaps?

Yeah, like this morning? Totally babe, totally.

I was on the edge of losing my head and pulling my hair out but then,

I can't talk face to face with him, his presence is enough to make my head go dizzy but I can talk to him indirectly,

Yes, that's what I will do, get his number.

"Yes, that's it!" I hadn't even realised when I had stood up from my seat, everyone was looking at me, I was thankful he wasn't in that class.

"Any problem, Miss Rae?" the man in his mid fifties asked me cocking his brow which only added to the creases on his forehead.

"Um, Nothing," I made sure that I didn't do anything stupider than what I have already achieved this morning and the rest of the class went smoothly apart from a few glances I got from some students.

I was still thinking how to get his number but a sudden growl erupted from my stomach, I guess it's time to grab a bite.

The cafeteria was packed with students flowing out everywhere. There was hardly any place for me to locate.

I stood in the line waiting for my turn and the constant growling told me I needed to get food fast, I was about to walk but then someone crossed the line and stood before me.

What the fuck dude?

"Hey?" hey, have you lost your damn mind, was what I really wanted to say but decided otherwise.

"Uh hey," Oh this guy totally does not have a clue, does he? Some guys are just so stupid.

He was a well built guy with salt and pepper blonde hair. His eyes were a beautiful shade of blue. Adding to the fact that he was approximately six feet in height. He was handsome, I'll give him that just not my type.

"You know-" I was about to put him in his place but he looked familiar... Oh he was with him, this morning before I made a fool of myself, "-James?"

"Yeah," he said nonchalantly.

This is it, this is my chance.

"Okay, I know this may sound weird but please don't judge me, I-"

"XXX-XXX-073," he spoke abruptly

"Huh?" I couldn't comprehend anything except the last three digits.

"His number, you wanted his number, right?" his pearly white teeth shone perfectly as he gave me a smile.

"It's normal, I get like dozens of girls ask me for his number everyday," he said as if it was no big deal.

"Would you mind writing that here?" I shoved my notebook in his chest as I gave him a pleading look.

I got it, I finally got those 9 heavenly digits. Life was beautiful again.

Growl, Okay, Okay, let's get some food now.

I looked at the tray in my hand then back to the cafeteria in hopes to find a seat and start digging in before my stomach eats me.

"Em," someone called my name.

"Here! I got a place for us," I saw Raine waving his hand at me sitting across the counter, opposite to the entrance.

"Do you even know how many calories that have?" she spoke pointing her index finger at my plate as she dug into her salad.

"Enough to calm my hungry stomach," I retorted

"You should eat healthy, Em,"

"I'm fine with this," I said, trying not to come off as rude.

I could sense her disappointment so I looked anywhere but her.

My eyes soon found the only person who never fails to grab my attention. A big smile made its way to my face as soon as I saw him.

"Stop that, you look like an idiot," I frowned at her comment while she rolled her eyes at me, I'm telling you, sometimes this girl is just too much for my liking.

"You should talk to him, get this crush of yours over with,"

"Oh well, what do you know, maybe I will," the thought of talking to him or hearing his voice was enough to restore my mood, also the puzzled expression Raine was giving me was a treat for my eyes.

"What do you mean?" she said, narrowing her eyes on me.

"Nothing, let's eat."

***

"Hey, I wanted to apologize for the morning, it was rude of me"

"Oh you don't mind? That's very thoughtful of you"

"I'm glad we could talk and sort this out"

I have been practising for hours now and was really thankful that Raine decided to stay the night at her aunt's place.

Haha told ya, wuss

Stop that

Yup definitely a wuss

I will call him

Oh yeah? What are you waiting for then? Stop talking to yourself and call him

I have become a complete mess and he's the reason.

I took a deep sigh as I rolled to and fro on my bed, my thumb was gently tracing the phone's screen when it accidentally hit "call"

Shit!

I panicked and ended the call before he could pick it up and I don't even know how many times I prayed to Jesus during that interval.

I hid my face in the pillow to calm my racing heart until my screen lit up and I got a call.

It was him.