"What is your plan?" Cole asks after a few minutes passed.

"Breaking my promise to you and Ray." I breathe out, as I slam the glass harshly on the wooden rail. The glass shatters across the wooden deck, as I begin to feel a sharp pain slice through my chest. Can I truly do this?

"Fuck." Cole breathes as he steps beside me. "I'm not sure what to think or even say man," Cole admits. I look towards him and see he's now looking out at the ocean. "I'm sorry Cole, I'm going to have to break her heart. I have to go and do as Caine wants. I can't put your lives in danger, so if that means giving her up so she still can enjoy a normal life, that's what I'll do."

"She won't take it well Damien. I think we should try to come up with another idea. There's got to be a better way so she's not crushed and broken in the process." Cole tries to persuade me.

"I don't see any other way. Either way I choose, she'll see me as a monster. If I stay and risk her life, I'm seen as a monster. I leave and break her heart, monster. My leaving may hurt her, but she will move on. If I let her come with me, I'll be putting her in danger and I am NOT my father, she deserves better than a lowlife like me." I spit. Fuck, I'm hurt and angry. I haven't even said goodbye.

"She has you and Kaye to help her through. I need you to make her happy again. Show her she needs to find someone who deserves her, Cole. I'll make she's far away from that bastard." I growl, feeling the anger building. I'll kill him and anyone who stands in my way.

"Damien, I don't want you to leave, not without us," Cole mumbles. "I think we can figure out a better way. Let's just get the others here and get ideas flowing." Cole tries to ensure.

The door from the back patio opens and Kaye steps out. "Have you guys seen Ray?" She asks.

I scrunch my brows in confusion, I assumed she was with Kaye."She told me when we got back that she was going to go speak with you," I mumbled confusedly. I slowly take steps towards the house.

"You're sure?" Kaye asks as she looks towards the house. "I haven't seen her since she left with you earlier. Who's that guy sitting at the table on his phone?" She asks as she motions to the kitchen, her eyes glued to Nick as he speaks in a low voice. He must be talking to Caine.

"I saw you out here and figured she was outside." She continues to talk, still keeping her gaze locked on Nick. "Damien, if I'm off base tell me but is he from your 'family'?" She asks.

"Yes, I trust him. He's not a threat." I try to tell her hoping to ease her worry.

She nods slowly. "Maybe Ray just went to her room to wrap her head around the shit Nick said at the bar." I voice aloud as I begin to feel uneasy. Fuck, why do I have a bad feeling now?

I stepped past Kaye, walking inside, just as I pass Nick, he calls my name. "I think Caine bought it. So, you ready to form a stable plan?" Nick asks. I don't stop or say anything as I slowly make my way to her room.

The closer I get, the more my uneasiness strengthens. Please God, don't let my gut feeling be right this one time. I don't know why but something's not right and I'm terrified for the first time in my life.

I glance around the house, searching as I take each step to her room. Why didn't she go see Kaye like she said she was?

"Damien, what's going on? Where's Ray?" Kaye asks, as her voice becomes panicky.

I don't answer, still taking slow steps towards her door. Once I come face to face with her room, I feel drops of sweat fall from my face. "Shit." I breathe as I place my sweaty hand on the knob. I take a deep breath and open the door.

My heart plummets to the bottom of my stomach as I'm greeted with darkness. She's not here. Complete fear engulfs my entire body causing me to quickly flip the light switch, praying she's wrapped in the covers fast asleep.

Her bag still sits on the floor next to the neatly made bed. I scan the room, looking out by the sliding doors that are slightly ajar. Hope begins to fill me as I make quick steps to the doors. Maybe she's outside enjoying the peace and quiet.

I slide the doors with a little too much force, not caring as it slams to the other side of the wall. I step outside and whatever hope I had left disappears, it's replaced by fear and anger as I find a dark and empty deck. Where the fuck is she!?

"Damien." Nick's voice rips through my troubled thoughts. "You need to see this." He informs me walking towards me as I make my way back inside. He hands me a piece of paper. I feel my pulse quicken, as my anger and fear grow. The anger builds stronger as I grip the paper harshly.

Son,

You've had your fun. Now it's time to get back to business, fulfill your duties as my son, and be sworn in as head of the Family. I trust that if I allow this girl into our fold, you'll make the right decision and be the man I trained you to be. If you refuse, this sweet girl will pay for your refusal. We wouldn't want that now, would we? You have exactly forty-eight hours to come home, where you belong, or Miss. Johnson pays the price—one finger at a time.

Love,

Your father, Caine Heart

"Damien!?" I barely hear as I continue to stare at the words in the note. What the fuck have I done? I'll fucking kill him. I'll make him suffer if he lays one goddamn finger on her...

"FUCK!" I roar, bawling the paper in my fist. Slinging it, I quickly pick up the chair beside her bed, slinging it as I growl, cursing as I thrashed objects around the room.

That cock sucking son of a bitch fucked up and I'll smile with pure joy when I've got his blood on my hands as he screams for death. Only death won't come for a long and tormented time...

 Only death won't come for a long and tormented time